Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « OPC3...Ever heard of it? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   OPC3...Ever heard of it?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: OPC3...Ever heard of it?  (Read 1025 times)
wheaties
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

OPC3...Ever heard of it?
« on: Feb 26th, 2003, 10:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just to tell you a little bit about my husband. He was diagnosed with clusters almost 5 years ago. He would have 2-4 clusters a day and I sat there helpless. I cried regularly because I couldn't stand to see him suffer. It was inevidible he and his brother would end up with this condition because his uncle and grandpa on both sides of his family has clusters. He has been on Sansert... one of the side affects after taking this product is you could end up with cycstic fibrosis. That sounds scary! He finally ended up taking Zomig and my concern is, will my husband end up with Cancer, Heart Disease etc. from taking this medication that he needs to survive. Well, he didn't have much of a choice, until recently!

Do with this information what you will, but I have a testimony of a 4 month remission. My husband was introduced to a product called OPC3 from a friend at work. It is a very heavy antioxidant which cleanses your blood cells to allow the blood to flow freely. It is a food source with the following ingredients: red wine extract, grape seed, pine bark, and bilberry. If you are allergic to any of these, you, unfortuneately cannot take it. Anyway, my husband was told it could take up to 3 months before he started to notice results and he was very lucky. He got his results within 1 month and has been pain free since October of 2002!!!  

I decided to represent this company because I can help so..... many people like my husband! My husband has his life back! I just wanted to share this powerful testimonial with you, because I CAN give you your life back too. If you want more information let me know, if not that is ok, to.  Grin

Sincerely,

Terri
IP Logged
dougW
New Board Veteran
Canada 

pain is inevitable.   suffering is optional

Email

Re: OPC3...Ever heard of it?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26th, 2003, 11:13pm »

Please do tell us more!!.  Perhaps a web-site for this product.  

Web MD notes it may help clear up skin blemishes.  

I'll just wait for the other replies   ;D
IP Logged

Out beyond wrong doing and right doing there is a field of luminous consciousness. I'll meet you there. (Rumi)
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 26th, 2003, 11:34pm »

I'm glad someone has had success.....no matter how it happens.  For me, this concoction sounds pretty iffy.  

I hope the remission is permanent though. Good luck and stick around. Lots to learn here.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 26th, 2003, 11:35pm »

Sure Terri. I'd like some more info. I did a search on OPC3. I'm wondering, are you the same person who gave false hope to that autism board where you promised great results for them too, but ended up just swindling them?
IP Logged
Ueli

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 27th, 2003, 12:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Terri,
apparently you didn't like my reply to your first post, and therefore deleted it, duh Angry
Anyway, here once more what I answered to your gibberish about toxins and cleansing blood cells:

on Feb 24th, 2003, 4:40pm, Ueli wrote:
This sounds interesting, Terri.

I hope you can help me with a long time question I have. I hear a lot about these toxins, how they accumulate in our body and then give raise to hundreds of ailments, the whole range from a mere irritation to life-threatening diseases. Sadly, nobody could give me up to now a more detailed description, like chemical names, of these toxins, but yet they must be know to people who find or design ways to get rid of them. Otherwise they couldn't discriminate between good stuff we want to keep and these toxins we want to get rid of. As a representative of a reputable company you have certainly learned about the nature of these toxins we ingest daily, could you please let us in on their nature?

It is new to me that even the blood cells accumulate toxins and therefore must be cleansed. But that their cleansing takes several month is a but disappointing, especially in view that the blood cells have a lifetime of only 3 month. But I'm sure, your company can improve on that.  

I'm glad to hear that your husband is free of clusters for 3 or 4 month already, and I wish his remission will continue a long time. However, this time span is not unusual for most episodic clusterheads, after a cluster bout of 1 or 2 month they are pain free for the rest of a year or longer. Knowing this fact about the nature of clusters, I am hesitant to attribute a 4 month remission to a wonder treatment to get rid of ill-(or un-)defined toxins, sorry.

Ueli

Now some comments to your current post:
on Feb 26th, 2003, 10:17pm, wheaties wrote:
He finally ended up taking Zomig and my concern is, will my husband end up with Cancer, Heart Disease etc. from taking this medication that he needs to survive.
I must say, I find it quite daring to suggest such side effects to approved medications in order to promote the product that brings money to your account, (BTW, does OPC3 have an FDA approval for all the claims made for the dozens of ailments and diseases it is supposed to cure; and why not?)

Well, he didn't have much of a choice, until recently!
You husband had the choice, and still has it, to seek the advice of a good neurologist instead of relying on the "advice" of a friend. Then he would learn that Methysergide/Sansert/Deseril is a somewhat outdated, and by no means the only, treatment for CH. The preventative of first choice, every clusterhead should try before anything else, is Verapamil. To abort a CH attack the "golden" treatments are breathing pore oxygen and/or Imitrex injections; the other triptans, in pill form, are usually to slow to abort an attack.

The use of heavy antioxidant is not pure bliss, after all the free radicals are useful in  promoting beneficial oxidation that produces energy and to kill bacteria. Read the article Current Scientific Perspective on Antioxidants. Here Stephen Barrett, M.D. discusses the pros and cons of antioxidants use. He quotes some clinical studies with real frightening results of antioxidant use, like an 18% increase in lung cancer. Terri, can you quote some research papers that show your antioxidant scores better in this respect?

I repeat, a remission of 4 month is something many clusterheads can enjoy, and therefore is nothing extraordinary that we could accept as proof of the effectiveness of a dubious product.

If you want more information let me know.
Something I would very much like to hear more about is the nature of the contaminants of the blood cells and how OPC3 can cleanse them. Maybe you have even information about how "clean" blood cells can bring the end of a cluster period.

Waiting for your answers,
Ueli
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Feb 27th, 2003, 4:17am »

Hey wheaties-Terri.......4 things........

1. You want to sell this "stuff' and say we can get information from you but don't provide a real name, e-mail, address or phone/fax number.  

2. What are you trying to hide?

3. Your husband (if there is any such person) is an dumb-ass and has a idiot for a wife.

4. OPC3 is going to the top of my strange-but-true-but-mostly-just-weird-and-possibly-dangerous list of treatments. Thanks for keeping the list growing. Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2003, 4:28am by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #6 on: Feb 27th, 2003, 8:01am »

Hi Ueli,

Why was I not surprised to find you climbing into a newbie! Thanks for your guardian duty in protecting the poor unsuspective naive (not) board from snake oil salesmen, I am sure it is very well intentioned, but your total lack of tolerance and hatred of any alternative to the official ch drugs, or O2 or magic mushrooms, never ceases to amaze me.

I am in no way a supporter of this OPC3 stuff, but as you well know I myself feel strongly that I had good lasting success with a detox treatment to remove "toxins". I think it might be the liver that is effected/cleansed but I honestly don't really know. I just know something similar worked for me and several of my aquaintances to stop CH and migraines.

There is even strong evidence of the placebo effect curing lots of deseases and that may even be what happened to me, and it's all in my mind but it worked!

As for naming the these toxins, well don't be so hard on us poor laymen who don't have access to research the correct scientific names for them. Cigarette smoke apparently contains thousands of different carcinogen toxins. Can you name them? I just know (sorry, believe) it gives you lung cancer! Do you deny that too?

As to the correct and scientific description of cleansing "blood cells" well can you really expect some poor woman with probably no medical or science degree to properly explain what is going on in the human body?

She may well just be trying to make a fast buck from this board, but just for once give someone the benefit of the doubt. If it fixed up her husband it may just be worth giving it a go. Life with CH sucks and I for one was willing to give most things a shot when I was at the end of my rope.

John
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Feb 27th, 2003, 8:25am »

John, day before yesterday wheaties-Terri posted the same message and Ueli posted a polite answer asking some questions.

Not only did wheaties-Terri refuse to answer she also deleted her post. Why? Was she afraid to answer? Did she have no answer?

She is a "poor sorry excuse for a woman with probably absolutlyno medical or science degree or morals". She is a scam artist with a "Ask me no questions. I don't know nor care about your pain. Just send me your money" attitude.

There is another post about wires under the skin to deliver electric shocks to stop the pain. Did you notice that Ueli did not attack that one? Ueli will only attack when a low-life tries to injure or steal from a member of this board.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
ave

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 27th, 2003, 10:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

jmorgan, can you tell me the post where Ueli is rejecting magic mushrooms?
I rather had the impression that he is tolerant of them, you see.

Not that Ueli needs a defender, but it is nice to hear it  from others, don't you think?
IP Logged
wheaties
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Feb 27th, 2003, 9:25pm »

First of all, I am new here and I deleted my first message about my husband because I didn't have any responses. If I had, I would have responded to them. That is why I am here, to get your attention! I am telling you about my husbands success story hoping to help someone just like him. Yes, I do sell it. Do I want you $$$$$, no. If you don't trust me, I understand. GO TO marketamerica.com. Look for a distributor in your state and buy it from their web site, if you want to be pain free. I don't live your pain, but I sure the hell lived my husband's pain 3-4 times a day for almost 5 years. I do understand. YOU DO NOT KNOW ME as a person, so I would appreciate it if you would have a little bit of decency not to call me names for trying to help you with CH that you say you want to get rid of. If you enjoy CH and don't want to be pain free, it is your choice. I want to help people who want to be helped, not the ones who just want to complain about it.  
     For those of you who tried to defend me and give me a chance to help or share my husband's experience, thank you. Ueli can say all he wants about approved medications. Watch the TV commercials about all of the side affects some of these approved meds have. May cause vomiting, chest pains, nausea, light headedness, etc. You are taking a chance with anything you put into your body.  
     In response to to the Autistic person. NO, that was not me. I suppose that is why I feel like I am being attacked by a bunch of sharks because there are so many dishonest people out there. That is okay, I still want to help people who WANT to be helped.
IP Logged
wheaties
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Feb 27th, 2003, 10:05pm »

Ueli,

Sorry, I didn't want you to thing I had dodged you once again. I didn't see that anyone had taken notice to my first message, so I deleted it and thought I would capture more attention this way. Guess it worked.  
     Anyway, I am not a Doctor, nor do I pretend to be. Ask your Dr. if you breathe in toxins, and what they are and how to get rid of them. You can't rid of all of the damage that has been done over years. You can help it through antioxidants. Have you ever breathed in gasoline, smoke or 2nd hand smoke, how about pollution? TOXINS!!! I don't have all of the answers to your questions, sorry.  
     I came to this site to help people who suffer and want to try something that happens to be working for my husband. Obviously, you are happy with the treatment you are getting from your Neurologist, and that is great! I am happy for you! There are others who aren't having the kind of luck you might be having and are willing to do anything to stop the pain. You can say what you want, but my husband is pain free for 4 months. Yes, I am aware of CH and their remission. My husband was in remission from July-August and started back into his cycle late August. I started him on the antioxidant that keeps him pain free today. I can tell you he didn't believe the product worked until he forgot to take it for a couple of days.  
     So, bottom line Ueli, what works for you doesn't work for everyone else. Some people like my husband cannot stand taking medication, and people feeling sorry for him. I can only tell you he doesn't feel your pain anymore. Thanks for your response!

Terri
IP Logged
Marc
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 27th, 2003, 10:20pm »

Terri,

You need to understand us folks here at ch.com.  We are constantly bombarded with "great new miracle cures" by people with less than honorable intentions and/or misinformation. Please note that I’m not accusing you of anything.

After investigating many of the innocent testimonials, it often turns out that the remission occurred on its own. Because the CH’s stopped, it was assumed that “cure” worked when in fact the Cluster episode was ending on its own.  

Because of our very loooong collective experience, this is a tough crowd to convince. If you really feel that you are on to something, please tell us a LOT more your husband’s history including:

Frequency and duration of attacks
Detailed symptoms
How he tried to cope with an attack
Who provided the diagnosis of CH (Neuro or GP?)
Previous medications (and dosage) that worked or didn’t

Whatever the reason, I’m glad that your husband found relief.

Think about it from our perspective – without detailed input, how can we begin to judge  because all we can see is another “trust me it works – buy it” from someone who reveals no email address, city, state or full name. Overused, generalized buzzwords like "toxins" and "cleansing" just won’t cut it.

Marc Kurth
Morro Bay, CA
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2003, 11:33pm by Marc » IP Logged
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #12 on: Feb 28th, 2003, 1:56am »

Sorry Ave, re-reading my post it is perhaps misleading:

should read what I meant to say:

I am sure it is very well intentioned, but your total lack of tolerance and hatred of any alternative BUT the official ch drugs, O2, or magic mushrooms, never ceases to amaze me.  

I know Ueli is a believer in mushrooms.

He hates "alternative therapies". Just read his story about why he hates Chinese medicine.

All I am saying is that we should be a little more open minded.

John
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss