Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 11:36am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Do you take Zyprexa ? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Do you take Zyprexa ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Do you take Zyprexa ?  (Read 468 times)
UnsolvedEquation

Email

Do you take Zyprexa ?
« on: Oct 1st, 2003, 10:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Zyprexa is in the middle of a class action lawsuit. It has been linked to causing diabetes and other blood sugar problems.
Search the net or look here >
http://www.injuryboard.com/view.cfm/Topic=791
http://www.yourlawyer.com/practice/overview.htm?topic=Zyprexa
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2003, 10:58pm by UnsolvedEquation » IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Do you take Zyprexa ?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 7:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

All of the drugs of this type have potential for significant side effects when they are used constantly for serious mental disorders.

The occasional use for cluster won't cause these problems. We're talking one tab per attack--no need to worry.

Based on my experience with Zyprexa--I won't give it up  until I become rich and can afford Imitrex.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2003, 7:14am by Bob_Johnson » IP Logged

Bob Johnson
UnsolvedEquation

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 8:26am »

Quote:
until I become rich and can afford Imitrex.

I can surely understand that ! the cost of Imitrex is unreasonable to say the least !
I don't know alot about Zyprexa, I only used it 1 time as an abortive and it did not work for me. The only thing that is guarenteed to work (for me) is Imitrex injections.
I just thought I'd mention the Zyprexa suit because it was new news to me and thought that others should know. I hope that you don't have any problems with it.
Best wishes
~ UnsolvedEquation ~
IP Logged
Kenzie60

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 1:35pm »

I take Zyprexa as an abortive and I would not give it up.   Imitrex does nothing for me.  It is the only abortive besides DHE that works for me and I can not take the DHE anymore because it is causing heart damage.  

Roseanne
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 7:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks for the news.  I take Geodon and effexor and found these warnings and law suites news to me. Angry Cry Embarassed
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Surf

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 8th, 2003, 9:23pm »

Zyprexa ah yes, was given this to assist me in sleeping at night cause well I couldn't get to sleep. I was not in cycle at the time and had remained pf for at least a couple of years I recall. Probably by coincidence at the beginning of my last cycle I had been taking it for sleep OK, then wam, a full blown CH cycle began. By the way this one lasted for(including the 1 month break)6months. So as the cycle continued it just kept getting worse and worse. We began our defense with a burst of prednisone, started to get relief after a couple of weeks, we tapered down from 60>0 in a week or so. (Still taking zyprexa) at this point. OK then wam after the prednisone burst within a week the clusters returned. OK back to defense so we loaded up with another burst of prednisone 60>0 hmmm no luck breaking the cycle in this inning.(Still on the zyprexa),we then regrouped and loaded up with more Verapimil as I was at my wits end(almost) {{{{will never be pushed their and thats all their is to that subject}}}}...At night the rude awakening started to happen, and continued to happen...then before I knew it, set me up with the atomic clock, cause in 30 minutes after the eyes closed I was gauranteed a "rude awakening"  now this started to get old, so it was time for me to take some action. Sleep thing is goin on,ok so i eliminate the zyprexa, well I don't know if this helped but the rude awakening faded a little bit, maybe cause Shadow my dog was awakening me sooner cause she got tired of me dancin so load and or my body was not (drugged with the sleep potion so I could awaken at the first trigger to my sleeping brain of hay, you better get your but up and slap the o2 on or it's gonna hurt more.) Anyway eliminated the Zyprexa and cut way back on the Neurontin,from900X3 pd to 600X1 a da.y,(was using this for the Neuropathy). Loaded the artillary with 480 Verapimil and yup finally I got to get some sleep.Whew glad that one is over. Now I am useing 240 load of Verapimil as a preventative and have discontinued the use of neurontin all together,by my choice, fortunatly the little something for anxiety works on the neuropathy also. OK(valium)... yup so their it is. I don't take Zyprexa any more but if I needed to I would,maybe... Not sure though cause of the new study that came out about it causing diebetes. I would halfto research this more...Hope this helps...Surf
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss