Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 11:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « me and my head »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   me and my head
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: me and my head  (Read 400 times)
Antoinette

Email

me and my head
« on: Oct 6th, 2003, 6:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi everyone! I am very relieved that you are all out there as I feel very alone. I have been a sufferer since age 14 .It seems each and every session I get even sicker than the last, I am now at a weight loss of a pound a day, no strenght etc.,etc. You all know how I feel. I'm so curious how you all manage your jobs as I always end up losing them because people don't understand. I have a fabulous family,(my husband is a saint and my night in shining armor for 17 years, my little girl (15) is my guiding angel she gives me my strenght to move on to the next level. I have tried soooo many meds that I have resorted to drugging myself with narcotics that do little to anything.  My best results with treatment is with a Orthomolecular Biochemist. This man is my hero and I only hope when I get to him this time I'll get the same result. If anyone is interested I will do my best to find as many around as possible.  thanks for hearing me.
IP Logged
UnsolvedEquation

Email

Re: me and my head
« Reply #1 on: Oct 6th, 2003, 11:50pm »

Have you been diagnosed with CH and tried CH meds mentioned here on this site ? Usually narcotics will do little or nothing to stop the pain of CH.
And you said it best ... family often keeps us all going! Hang in there cause there's gotta be something that helps you, you just haven't found it yet I suppose.  
Have you tried Imitrex, Prednisone, Verapamil, or O2 ?
Goodluck
~ Unsolved ~
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10th, 2003, 7:25am »

Are you chronic or do your headaches come in cycles?  I think it's a lot easier to hold a job if it comes in cycles and your have the right combination of preventive and abortive meds - this takes lots of trial and error.  This is a great place to look for ideas to share and try with your doc.  Hang in there.
IP Logged
Antoinette

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 13th, 2003, 6:42am »

Thanks to those of you who replied. I am a cycle sufferer and I've tried many meds. I am not giving up yet. I am now using O2 and have not ever heard of the other type of headaches. I will be seeing my doctor hopefully this week to try new meds and hopefully get some results, as you all know life goes on whether you are with it or not especially with teenagers, I also have a wonderful 23 year old trying to plan a wedding that I am at this point totally  useless to. My husband has made copies of info to bring with us to the Drs. so maybe it will all  be useful. The jobs, people jusst don't get it . they say take a pill!!! Thanks again for all the info.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Oct 13th, 2003, 7:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Antoinette

Click on the blue line. It's a letter you can take to your employer and/or employees.

http://www.ouch-uk.org/ch/note_colleagues.cfm
  Simon’s (OUCH/UK) letter to employers and colleages
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Antoinette

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 14th, 2003, 5:33pm »

Hi and Thank you! Today is my first day free and if I only had the energy to do what my brain wanted to, but I will not complain, pain free!!!!TODAY I am going to give the letter to a few people that I am working with in hopes to give them the insight they need. It is so true especially the comments not to make. How many times have we all heard them in one day? Just a happy note for all of you who read this...my daughter lives in Maryland 23 yrs. old and I had mentioned not being any help during her wedding plans, she decided to send me flowers today to help me feel better and thank me for at least being able to listen.  Just when you wanna give up something pulls you back.  I'm also grateful for a free day as my youngest is under the weather so we kinda took care of eachother her illness easier than mine.  Good thing!!! Thanks again and I'm glad you're all here with me.
IP Logged
spanky
New Board Newbie

"...an ounce of perception, a pound of obscure."

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 14th, 2003, 8:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Glad to hear that you're having a PF day and here's wishing you plenty more.  High-five to your husband for his support.  Nothing like an understanding spouse to help keep the beast at bay!!! Cheesy
IP Logged

Wandering aimlessly through the quagmires of my own ineptitude...
HypnoticFreddy

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 16th, 2003, 8:00am »

Do not drug yourself with narcotics.   Angry Believe me.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss