Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hot steamy showers »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hot steamy showers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hot steamy showers  (Read 431 times)
thomas

Email

Hot steamy showers
« on: Oct 8th, 2003, 2:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Either this is the shortest bout I've ever had or I have found something that is helping me right now - I know it may not later.  And it may not help anyone else - that's the nature of this damned affliction.  I 've been getting up at 11:00pm and turning the heat up in my bathroom and taking a 20-30 min "hot as I can stand it" shower.  Just sitting there and letting the water beat on my head and neck and breathing the steam in - I think the steam helps as much as anything.  Doing this has allowed me three nights in a row of painless bliss.  My cylces usually last 3 months or so.  I started this after day 6.  No ch since only shadows during the day.
IP Logged
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

Re: Hot steamy showers
« Reply #1 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 9:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It does not work for everyone - yet you could be surprised!

I always need cold on the affected part of my head. Yet when I was at the beauty salon, and the repeated bite of the tweezers on my brow provoked the onset of an attack, the hot steamy towel they placed around my face at that point chased the beast in an instant.

Go figure.
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
thomas

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 2:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yeah, sometimes I get relief from the old head in the freezer trick also.  I use the hot shower as a preventive- so I can sleep throught the night.  It has worked for the last 4 days, although I am still having ch throughout the day.
IP Logged
LasVegas
New Board Veteran
USA 

Episodic CH since 11 yrs old, now 39.

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14th, 2003, 3:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Massaging my scalp while in the swimming pool (cold) or the shower (hot) is soothing and has limited a bit of my pain during an attack.  Sure beats just rubbing your skin of your neck and temples (dry) causing friction/marks.
Gregg in Las Vegas
IP Logged

Wishing all a Pain Free 2008!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss