Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Mushroom Therapy? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Mushroom Therapy?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mushroom Therapy?  (Read 432 times)
Hiker
New Board Newbie

When you come to a fork on the trail, take it!

Email

Mushroom Therapy?
« on: Oct 21st, 2003, 12:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Howdy all....

For the past week, I've been reading the threads on clusterheadaches.com with great interest.  Unforetunately, the reason I'm here is the recent events of my latest episode.  

A brief bio.  I was diagnosed with CH's 25 years ago or so.  At the time and years past I've been lucky that during episodes of having only one HA a day, like clockwork, but very painful up to a kip 10.  As I recall, the one time I was treating them was with  Florinal, which seemed to work fine if I caught it on time, otherwise it was a disaster.

This recent episode, unlike the others has me getting 2, 3 or more HA a day with only minor relief between.  It's also stopped me from carrying on a normal routine in anticipation of my next HA.  Since I don't have a MD., insurance or a fulltime job at the present time I've been using OTC meds with very limited success.

I know that these episodes are only temporary and that, perhaps, is my only saving grace, but in the meantime, as you all very well know they hurt like hell.  Thankfully it's already been over a month and I feel as though they're on the way out.

I'm also seriously considering the "mushroom therapy" since it appears to be most effective in prevention, and with limited side effects such as caused by their prescriptive chemical cousins or other drugs I'm not keen on taking.  

A couple questions though.  By following the links, info, directions on clusterbusters, etc, is it likely I'll be successful growing my own?  What are the best varieties?  I see where I can get Ecuadors spores in a syringe.  Is this my best bet?  All other supplies I plan on buying locally.  If anyone has any constuctive suggestions or comments I'd be forever grateful.

Thanks for your time,

Hiker
IP Logged

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. -John Muir
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

Re: Mushroom Therapy?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 1:17pm »

on Oct 21st, 2003, 12:11pm, Hiker wrote:

I know that these episodes are only temporary and that
A couple questions though.  By following the links, info, directions on clusterbusters, etc, is it likely I'll be successful growing my own?  What are the best varieties?  I see where I can get Ecuadors spores in a syringe.  Is this my best bet?  All other supplies I plan on buying locally.  If anyone has any constuctive suggestions or comments I'd be forever grateful.

Thanks for your time,

Hiker

Hiker,  
Yes you can grow your own, for about $100.00...I did it and if I can do it ANYONE can.  
The pressure cooker and syringes were my biggest expense but the rest of the stuff was fairly cheap and easy to find.  
On the advice of someone at clusterbuster I used the Ecuador spores. I bought 4 syringes for $48.00 from Sporeworks and in about 2 months I had many. many 'shrooms.  
Just go to http://www.clusterbusters.com/ and you'll find all the info you need to start your own farm.
Good Luck,

Jim

IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
Hiker
New Board Newbie

When you come to a fork on the trail, take it!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 2:04pm »

Jim,

Thanks for your encouragement.  

I've found this forum and the knowledge, advice and links gleaned from it a godsend in a difficult time.

PF days and happy trails to all,

Hiker
IP Logged

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. -John Muir
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 11:56am »

I always advise a first time grower to start with the Ecuador strain. They are very reliable producers. By reliable I mean they do pretty much everything they are supposed to pretty much WHEN they are supposed to. Some of the other strains can sometimes  "stall out" at various points in their growth cycle, leading a new cultivator to worry he may have done something wrong. Ecuadors tend to just keep on truckin' -- provided of course that the temperature and humidity ranges are met.

pinky
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss