Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitrex injection--no preservatives question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitrex injection--no preservatives question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitrex injection--no preservatives question  (Read 241 times)
jmc1106
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Imitrex injection--no preservatives question
« on: Oct 21st, 2003, 2:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I took apart a Statdose cartridge last night and was able to use about half of the 6 mg injection to stop a cluster headache--worked like a charm, just as fast as the full dose. My concern is that Imitrex doesn't contain any kind of preservative, so I don't know if the second half of the Statdose vial would be safe to use tonight. I did clean the needle with alcohol after using it--do any of you use the "Imitrex Tip" method twice with 24 hours between? Or is this only for those of you who get more than one cluster each night. Thanks so much, this board is an amazing wealth of information!

BTW, I did find out that I can order 6 mg vials to use with syringes, but I have to get them in a batch of five vials (which would be about $250 or so). We are three weeks into this cycle (husband is episodic, it's been a year and a half since last cycle), so I think I will try this option for the next cycle.  

Jan
IP Logged
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Imitrex injection--no preservatives question
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 3:43pm »

Don't think you'll have any problem using the other half of the dose.  I know others on the board, and myself, have used trex that is a couple of years old.  It always seems to work just fine.  I use the vials and syringes, and it essentially works the same as the stat doses.  In fact I have shot the stat doses into my empty vials, and just loaded a syringe from that.  I only use 1/3 of a shot, so it's much easier to use the syringes.  The trex medication isn't affected by drawing just a little out at a time.

Congrats on the good price for the vials.  My five vials run $357 a refill.  

Tracey
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Yos
New Board Newbie

Email

Re: Imitrex injection--no preservatives question
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21st, 2003, 6:24pm »

I too use partial doses even weeks later.  It should still be as sealed and sterile as it was originally.  

This stuff is like gold and I wouldn't dream of wasting a drop!  

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss