Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 11:18pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Oxygen tanks- what size is best? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Oxygen tanks- what size is best?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Oxygen tanks- what size is best?  (Read 393 times)
Carlos
New Board Newbie

All things must pass....

Email

Oxygen tanks- what size is best?
« on: Oct 29th, 2003, 7:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know I've seen a few posts on the subject but wanted to get a feel to what size O2 tank is best. Small is great for portability but I don't want to run out. I will more than likely have the tank at home. Any feedback would be great!!! I'm getting ready and primed to beat these devil CH's. Everyday I feel a bit more freaked out knowing that they are coming. Being proactive and on top of treatment possibilities is keeping me focused. I refuse to spend another holiday season in the grip of CH!! Grin
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

Re: Oxygen tanks- what size is best?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 9:07pm »

...size DOES matter.... you do NOT want to run out in the middle of a K-9 when it's JUST about to make a difference....

(Disclaimer: YMMV...Your Mileage May Vary.. this is MY experience...)

...a fully charged "E" tank should be good for THREE 15 minute sessions...maybe a bit more...

...I keep an "S" tank ready for a cycle... and I have used up to 4 in a week... please read ALL the stuff on the O2 button for Tankage Details....  

...and I sincerely hope that you never need to use it...

best...Steve(N4H)
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 10:10pm »

I get 5/15 minute hits @ 11 lpm off an E tank.
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 10:22pm »

...so I SUCK more than you do... Wink

..like i said, many times, YMMV....
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #4 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 11:25pm »

I keep a supply of E tanks at home - usually good for 5 or 6 aborts (along with Maxalt). I also keep an M6 tank (I think that's what they're called - they're about the size of a thermos bottle) along with a regulator and mask in the bottom drawer of my file cabinet at work. They're only good for one, maybe two, aborts but come in handy when really needed.

Bill
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
LasVegas
New Board Veteran
USA 

Episodic CH since 11 yrs old, now 39.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 9:21am »

For home use, I was given a "J-tank" I believe it's called.  It weighs about 150 lbs, is green and stands 4 feet high, has a regulator attached for flow and even came with a fancy sign that reads "Oxygen in Use, No Smoking."  This type of tank is the biggest available, not portable, and ideal for long term use without the need for refills.  If you do need to refill this tank, Apria or whatever company that is the supplier will come to your home and replace it.  The most important thing to remember is the mask and the flow rate of the regulator.  Read, read, read, to the left there on the screen under Oxygen info.  Good luck.  
Gregg in Las Vegas
IP Logged

Wishing all a Pain Free 2008!
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 7:28pm »

on Oct 29th, 2003, 10:22pm, Not4Hire wrote:
...so I SUCK more than you do... Wink

..like i said, many times, YMMV....

LMAO!   Grin
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
CLSTRHTR

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 6th, 2003, 8:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The problem I had with Oxygen was that when I would combine with Ergomar/ergostat or Imitrex, I would run the risk of falling asleep on 8ml a minute rate and then wake up after the oxygen was gone.  I then received a nice "G" tank, huge amount of oxygen for the home setup but more convenient than running to the Pharmacy every other day with "E" tanks.  Oxygen isn't cheap either!!
IP Logged
M.Laun
New Board Newbie
Germany 

« Reply #8 on: Nov 6th, 2003, 10:18am »

I have one of those big ones (oxygen tanks). Wouldn't know what the US equivelant would be. it's lasted about 6 yrs now.

My attacks are rare and few (thank god) My cycles last about 2 months but i only get about 1 attack a week, sometimes 2 a week. But after reading about the KIP scaling, all of my attacks are KIP 9-10.

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss