Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:27pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My First "Mid-Line" ... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   My First "Mid-Line" ...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My First "Mid-Line" ...  (Read 277 times)
Unsolved
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I'm still alive ?

WWW Email

My First "Mid-Line" ...
« on: Oct 29th, 2003, 8:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well....it's official. I'm only 34 and I don't have any veins left to poke. They couldn't even draw blood after digging around in my arm for several minutes.  jaw_drop I got my first 'mid-line' IV.  frown
I got 3 stitches and had to use it for everything last week while getting DHE. It felt better than a regular IV until they pulled it out. It left a HUGE nasty bruise...enough to make you wanna  hurl
IP Logged

I need a fully automatic Imitrex injector
Zonie
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: My First "Mid-Line" ...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 9:21pm »

Sorry to hear about your new delima.

Did you start on your Clomid this past weekend?  I saw my new neuro on Monday and he had heard of this new treatment, but wouldn't advise it for me because it was very expensive and insurance wouldn't cover it.  He does seem very knowlegable regarding clusters (thank goodness) and has started me on several new meds. while getting off of my old ones.  He did a occipital nerve block (which hasn't helped a bit), but I'm optimistic about finally having a dr. who seems to know what I'm talking about.

He gave me Migranal nasal spray which I have used once and it worked great.....just can't use it but 3 times a week and I need it about 12 to 15.  I didn't find it on the medications board and can't really find out much about it on the net.  Guess I'll just trust him.
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2003, 9:22pm by Zonie » IP Logged
Unsolved
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I'm still alive ?

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 12:46am »

Yes...started on the Clomid on Wednesday. Can't say much for results yet...no headaches yet but it's still too early. (Just got off the DHE).
BTW...you're right, Clomid is NOT covered by my insurance. Cost = $26 for 5 tablets
Also...I left you some links about the Migranal and a thought about the block on the other thread.
Unsolved
IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 3:58am »

Sorry to hear that you have run out of veins.  I have a problem with my veins to.  It is no fun!  Here is hopping the DHE works for you.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
maggie_may
New Board Veteran
USA 

maggie_may_12   ladydeth12
Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 9:02am »

Ouch!  I couldn't even imagine not having any veins to poke around for.  Hoping your DHE treatments work for the better for ya.

maggie
IP Logged

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Gandhi

The human spirit is stronger than anything that happens to it. - C.C. Scott
Unsolved
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I'm still alive ?

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 2:39pm »

DHE IV ALWAYS works for me. The only bad part is I have to get it while in the hospital so they can monitor my BP (which is ususally not much of a problem). When I'm getting hit hard and need a break...I request a few days of DHE !
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss