Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 1:00am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Injectable Imitrex & Verapamil Need Info. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Injectable Imitrex & Verapamil Need Info.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Injectable Imitrex & Verapamil Need Info.  (Read 374 times)
ClstrHeadSupport
New Board Junior
USA 

Supporter of my Cluster Head, Stephen Pope.

PopeFamily_430  
WWW Email

Injectable Imitrex & Verapamil Need Info.
« on: Nov 4th, 2003, 4:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My fiancee, a long time sufferer of CH has been on Staydol for years.  After doing some research, with the help of all of you, I found out there are many negative side effects to this medication. Anyway, after I found this site you all gave me your opnions, websites, and your own research about this med.  Now, thanks to you, we have found a wonderful doctor and my fiancee is now on the injectable Imitrex and Verapamil.  A much better medication. Being that so many of you suggested these meds I am hopeful that you can also give me some insite and information on them as well.  

Thanks again,
      Sara,   Bay Area of California
IP Logged

Sara Pope
thomas

Email

Re: Injectable Imitrex & Verapamil Need Info.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 4:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Verapamil seems to work for a lot of people - not me. Imitrex is a good abortive - however there are some who have longer and more sever cycles with it.  If this happens try axert, amerge or zomig.
IP Logged
Unsolved
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I'm still alive ?

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 5th, 2003, 10:19pm »

Verapamil is probably taken by ALOT of us. Some can take higher dosages than others. Too much Verapamil for me slows down my heartrate too much. If he's just started taken this in high doses, you should probably keep an eye on his heartrate until you know it's effects.
Imitrex injections can also provide relief in lower dosages than the 6mg stat doses. See the "imitrex tip" button on the left. Many here use 2 - 4 mg and get the same relief.

~ Unsolved ~
IP Logged

I need a fully automatic Imitrex injector
5-string
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Nothing is accomplished without passion

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 5th, 2003, 11:53pm »

Hi Sara,
 Verapamil works for me. imitrex works for me also.
 I bought a blood pressure monitor at the local drug store and it's a great thing to have around the house. Verapamil and cluster headaches both effect my blood pressure and heart rate.I think I paid $40.00 for mine. It gives your blood pressure as well as pulse. They're pretty cool to have around.
...Mark..

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss