Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 6:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « CCH: Why I sold my handgun »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   CCH: Why I sold my handgun
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CCH: Why I sold my handgun  (Read 734 times)
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

CCH: Why I sold my handgun
« on: Nov 16th, 2003, 2:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yes indeed---20 hours folks. May be in line for a record. Had all the vaso-constrictors one heart could stand. 4 Cups of Joe, 10 MG maxalt, 20MG nasal Imitrex and still the pain persisted. Managed to take the very harsh edge off enough to be able to write this vent. Can't eat, can't sleep, and would not be too nice to company.  

Every ear that I heard this could sympathize but only your ears can empathize.  

Anyone ever take a Verapamil & Indomethacin combo? I ask b/c my neuro prescribed but on the Indo bottle it says to take one or two a day w/food/milk as needed for pain. Huh?  

Boy do I miss the episodic days Smiley
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
Unsolved
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I'm still alive ?

WWW Email

Re: CCH: Why I sold my handgun
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16th, 2003, 5:24pm »

Sorry to hear that your having so much trouble with the beast. Just wanted to say "BE CAREFUL !" ... doing Maxalt and Imitrex is 'double dippin' !

Unsolved
Sorry, never had that combo (  I don't think )
IP Logged

I need a fully automatic Imitrex injector
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 16th, 2003, 6:09pm »

Hi Notseinfeld,

Sorry you're having a bad time.  The first time I was properly diagnosed and treated for CH, the Neuro started me on Verapamil and Indomethacin combo.  For me, the Verapamil works very well.  I don't think the Indomethacin did much help... maybe helped shadows a bit.  I don't take Indomethacin anymore, but am considering asking the Neuro to re-up my prescription so I can have it on hand, just in case.  Indomethacin is dirt cheap and probably worth a shot.  The prescription I had was written differently than yours.  Mine sez:

"Take one capsule 3 times daily.  Take with food or milk.  Do not take aspirin without knowledge and consent of your physician.  May cause drowsiness, use care when operating a car or dangerous machinery."

It is rough on yer stomach, and for me possibly caused a bit of depression (uncommon side effect).  IMHO Indomethacin is worth a shot.

I hope things get better for you.

--- Steve
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
hootchdom
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 16th, 2003, 6:44pm »

Was taking up to 100 mg Indomethacin a day while on verapamil and lithium without a problem. Was also taking imitrex and maxalt. Didn't notice much help from the indomethacine though.  

Hang in there buddy, I'm pulling for you, sending a pf vibe your way. If you need to vent send an e-mail. I know its rough. Been having a hell of a time my self.

Are you chronic ? What other meds are you on?
IP Logged
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17th, 2003, 2:07pm »

Preesh the quick responses and heartfelt support gang. Doing muuuuch better today. In a bout of hopelessness last night I popped the Indo and got a full night's sleep. Praise the Lord! Seems the indo suppress that pre attact pulsatile vein in my right temple and does it's anti-imflammatory duty quite well. My current thinking is to stay on the Verapamil and pop an indo at night before bed.  

Hootch--been chronic for 4+ years (I'm losing count) and stay on a steady diet of coffee as my only other med. For the first time in a while I actually look worse than I feel Wink
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #5 on: Nov 17th, 2003, 4:00pm »

KOP, I think (not sure) Jonny has done that combo, anyways he uses Indo with Lithium now.
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17th, 2003, 5:16pm »

So sorry to hear you are getting hit so hard.  I tried indo for 5 months and was pain free until the beast figured out what was up and started knocking on my door again.  I took 50 mg 3x a day.  It can be hard on the stomach and is an antinflamatory like ibuprofin or motrin if I remember correctly and that is why it should be taken with food or milk.  I would say it is a combo that has a great chance of sucess.  Good luck!
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
zenerzoo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 1:24am »

I take verapamil and indocin (indomethacin) my gp has started me out on low doses and the result has been managable ch's. I usally get woke up 3-4 times a night now with a kip 3-5 and I can usally walk it off in 5-10 min. If I can't theres always 02.
IP Logged

Just keep swimming..swimming swimming
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss