Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 7:33am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « a longshot »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   a longshot
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: a longshot  (Read 318 times)
violet
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

a longshot
« on: Nov 18th, 2003, 7:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have recently read alot about "color therapy".  Different colors are supposed to elicit different physical responses.  The color RED is supposed to help alleviate pain, so if you are experiencing pain, look at something red, or paint your room red.  Has anyone noticed that the color red helps with pain?
Vi
Undecided
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

Re: a longshot
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18th, 2003, 8:04pm »

Dunno, reading your post didn't cure me...   Grin
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 18th, 2003, 8:15pm »

Hmmm...I would think that as the color of blood is red and usually indicative of an immediate (painful) problem, that use of it in pain mediation would be a failure.  

but, what do I know? I'm just a lowly CCH sufferer!
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
violet
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18th, 2003, 10:35pm »

There are so many bogus remedies out there.  I feel sorry for the people who end up dishing out alot of cash for them.  I always enjoy reading about what freaky treatments people have come up with.  I met one guy who constructed a 6 foot high pyramid made out of copper pipes.  He crowned it with a quartz crystal and sits under it when he is sick, or in pain, or needs balancing.  I tried it once for a headache, and it didn't do a damn thing.  Probably because it wasn't in a red room.
Vi Grin
IP Logged
Jimmy_B

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19th, 2003, 10:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The color theory has been tried for different reasons:

Go into McDonalds & check out the color of the Dining Room. It looks like a weird color combination...but...the color of the table is supposed to make you relax & the color of the walls is supposed to make you uncomfortable. The thinking is...while eating (& looking at the table) you'll be relaxed...but...as soon as your finished...you'll see the color of the walls & want to leave quickly.

The color PINK has been tried in prisons, also.

I'm sure it could get your mind off of a minor to moderate pain, but I don't know if it could help the severe pain of Clusters.

Jim
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 19th, 2003, 10:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hell, I can't see anything when I'm getting hit hard, so I haven't really paid attention to colors. Embarassed
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss