Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 7:48am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Tried Amerge for CH ? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Tried Amerge for CH ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tried Amerge for CH ?  (Read 515 times)
BlueMeanie

Email

Tried Amerge for CH ?
« on: Nov 26th, 2003, 3:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I just heard of a new med. (AMERGE). Talked to a  buddy I worked with in the Navy knowing he gets these damn CH too. He said there was something new called Amerege. He was going to pick it up today. I've tried just about everything out there but not this. Anyone have success ?
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: Tried Amerge for CH ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 10:20am »

It works friggin great if you take it soon enough.
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 12:10pm »

My experience with Amerge - it ended the headaches for that day, but made me feel sick and I spent the day in bed, rather than suffering a few hours of headaches and going on with life.  Some people are sensitive to the naratriptan, but others are not and find it useful for clusters.  

There are many pages on the web that have the prescribing information on them; you should read that info before taking Amerge.    

http://www.rxcanadapharmacy.com/htmFiles/Amerge-naratryptan.asp
IP Logged
hdbngr
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 3:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I read some sufferers are taking it now as a preventative, one at night before bed for those lovely REM attacks with some success.

Some insurances balk at filling this much Amerge at one time, though. It's pricey Embarassed

Good luck!
IP Logged

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 3:35pm »

Thanks for the info. Called the doc today. Problem is he is gone until Monday. Gonna try it. As you all know there is no choice but to try. Almost out of Imitrex. Getting worried I might not make it until then. Keeping my fingers crossed. Don't know if I can handle any 10's this weekend. I've been sticking with just Imitrex lately. Gotta start mixing it up a little. Had to buy 3 boxes already this month out of pocket. Damn insurance won't pay.  

Just rambling.   PFD
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 3:49pm »

Amerge actually broke my cycle before this last one.
IP Logged
hdbngr
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 4:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

One trick that might help...

Ask the Doc for samples...

They get tons of freebies from the pharma reps and that has saved a few of us mucho $$$'s, especially when we have a max on the amount we can fill with insurance. Don't be afraid to ask for them!

There is also a neat little trick on how to extend your Imitrex injections on the main board. Have you seen it?

Other abortives include Maxalt, DHE, Migranal (DHE in nasal form) and Zomig. Don't be afraid to alternate brands. Some work better for others, or if one stops working for you, it might work better after a break.

Are you using O2?
IP Logged

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss