Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 7:34am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Methergine anyone ? DHE vials ? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Methergine anyone ? DHE vials ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Methergine anyone ? DHE vials ?  (Read 1382 times)
Unsolved
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I'm still alive ?

WWW Email

Methergine anyone ? DHE vials ?
« on: Nov 26th, 2003, 4:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Starting on Methergine today. .2MG tablets three times a day. Has anyone else tried this and what happened ?
I'll also get my own vials of DHE (IM Injections) on Friday (The pharmacy didn't carry it and had to order it).
IP Logged

I need a fully automatic Imitrex injector
hootchdom
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Methergine anyone ? DHE vials ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 5:28pm »

Unsolved,

First off, welcome back. Haven't heard from you for awhile. Second, the Methergine I haven't tried yet, wan't to but need to get off some of the meds I'm on first. The DHE 45 injectables I was on about a month ago. Three times a day for five days. Hurt like the devil going in. Found the back of the arm the best place to inject. Sore after a couple of days. It seemed like it was starting to work after a couple of days. Called the doc to see if I could stay on it longer and he wouldn't let me. After the 5th day the headaches came back in full force. Seems like if I was on it longer would have better results. This is the same stuff they put you in hospital for and give the IV drips that every body has great results with.

Good luck with it. One other thing you shouldn't be on the Methergine and the DHE 45 at the same time. I did a drug interaction check and will past results. Please consult your doc before taking both. One again good luck and PF vibes.

Hootchdom (see below)

Major Interaction -- Drug-Drug
dihydroergotamine and methylergonovine

CONTRAINDICATED: Coadministration of two or more 5-HT1 receptor agonists and/or ergotamine-containing or ergot-type medications may potentiate the risk of vasospastic reactions, including coronary artery vasospasm, peripheral vascular ischemia and colonic ischemia, due to additive pharmacologic effects. Acute myocardial infarction due to sustained vasospasm occurred in a premenopausal woman with controlled hypertension and no known history of coronary artery disease following two 2 mg doses of methysergide maleate 12 hours apart and a subcutaneous injection of sumatriptan 6 mg. MANAGEMENT: The concomitant use of two or more 5-HT1 receptor agonists and/or ergotamine-containing or ergot-type medications, or use within 24 hours of each other, is considered contraindicated.

IP Logged
Unsolved
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I'm still alive ?

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 5:43pm »

Thanks...been in the hospital for almost a full week. Sick from the Clomid they say....then the HA's started on me every two hours. Had a steriod IV drip, then DHE IV treatment, then on to the Methergine.
I was told to take 3 tablets a day and if I get a HA, then inject the DHE and skip my next dose of Methergine. (And only to take 1 injection of DHE per day). Going to see how this works for a few days. If it doesn't work and the HA's return, i'll be back in Chelsea Hospital next week for treatment by the MHNI docs.
Fingers are crossed
Unsolved
IP Logged

I need a fully automatic Imitrex injector
Seiji
New Board Newbie
USA 

live long and pain free

1278053 1278053   tango36025  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 27th, 2003, 2:17am »

Yes, I have used methergine with good results. I did not have the DHE vials though did not need it. I started off taking 2 tablets a day as the HA got worse I worked up to 4 and 5 a day in a 24 hour period. as they got better I backed  off on the dose. My attacks last about 2 months slowly getting worse till they peak then slowly fade out.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss