Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 1:08pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Worked for my husband »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Worked for my husband
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Worked for my husband  (Read 523 times)
eyebuster
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Worked for my husband
« on: Nov 29th, 2003, 9:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My husband has been a cluster headache for 17 years. I am not a doctor but just a concerned wife. We appear to have had success with a combination of medications and he has been headache free for two days now. We believe that this also worked for him last year when he had an episode.  

He began two medications about 11 days ago Naproxen and Celexa that had been perscribed by his neurologist. Upon further searching on the internet, I read that Verapamil could also be effective(He also took this last year). We contacted his doctor and he started this medication about three days ago in addition to the other two meds., and Thanksgiving day he only suffered from a dull headache that was treatable by over the counter meds.   He was able to sleep that night and last night and has not had a headache since.  

I believe that it is a combination of the three as last year he was given the verapamil first for a number of days and later the other two medications and then the headaches were gone until this November.  

Until he began these medications, he was taking Imitrex to treat them.  

Again I am not a doctor or medical professional. This however has appeared to help him and I would like to share this with others.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Worked for my husband
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29th, 2003, 10:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi eye,
May I call you eye? Thanks eye.

Glad you found this site. There's lots to read under the buttons on the left side of your screen.

Verapamil is a preventative of choice around here and Imitrex is the abortive of choice.

Please look into oxygen as a abortive. Compared to imitrex it is very cheap. Also safe and nonhabit forming.
Oxygen info is under one of the buttons.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss