Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 2:22am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ideas for treatment »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   ideas for treatment
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ideas for treatment  (Read 586 times)
hop
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ideas for treatment
« on: Nov 29th, 2003, 12:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi, i am new to board.  i was diagnosed with cluster headaches while stationed at ft. bragg, nc in 1989.  first suffered an attack in the summer of 1984.  headaches would happen every day in the early afternoon, last a couple of hours.  they went away after a month or so.  in 1989, they came on during december and lasted until january.  started around noon and lasted until 3 or so.  had my next attack in 1993 and 1998.  as you can see, i get them about very 5 years.  i first sought treatment in 1993.  my pcp had me take Covera 240 mg.  both times it worked in preventing headaches.

this year has been totally different.  headaches wake me up from sleep and are not following a pattern.  pcp prescribed genertic verapamil at 240 mg.  she is also trying me on O2.  i just have a basic mask and flo rate can only go to 8.  today i woke up with a headache and it lasted on and off until noon time.  my head still hurts from where the headache was.

i have never tried imitrex, although my pcp has asked me to.  i smoked for 20 years, am 48 years old and male.  all high risks for imitrex.    any suggestions or ideas on what i should do?  i would appreciate any help.  I just consider myself very lucky that i only get these every 5 years for a month or so.  thanks again.
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: ideas for treatment
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29th, 2003, 2:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Welcome aboard AIRBORNE!  You might want to try zomig or amerge as an abortive.  There have been a few of us that have had luck with melatonin.  I'll see if I can bump the melatonin posts up to the top for you.
IP Logged
hop
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 29th, 2003, 3:29pm »

appreciate the welcome thomas.  i forgot to mention that i suffer from ptsd w/panic disorider.  i currently take wellbutrin due to a crisis i suffered last year.  expect to be on it another year.  i looked up the drugs you mentioned and it looks like there is a contradiction with zomig and amerge and ssri drugs.  i will check out the melatonin.  thanks!
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 29th, 2003, 3:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Read the posts "Personal melatonin trial.."  Well this isn't a cure but.......  and Melatonin.
IP Logged
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 8:49am »

Imitrex stat dose injections work with me in about 5 minutes to abort an individual attack.  Get it if you can.  Also, melatonin works with a lot of us.

Good luck
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss