Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 2:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitrex!Wow! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitrex!Wow!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitrex!Wow!  (Read 661 times)
mmaya613
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Imitrex!Wow!
« on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 7:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am a 32 Year old Male who has been suffering with mf beast for over 12 years.  My main gun is ICE, but that gets old fast.  The first neuro I went to put me on prednisome and lithium.  I was good for a few weeks, but they eventually came back even harder.  I had 2 years pf, shortly after.  The second neuro I went to ordered a cat scan, which of course came back normal, put me on prednisone, depakpote, and verapamil.  The cycle came to an end immediately.  I believe it was the prednisone that stops the CH, but whatever.  I was supposed to stay on the verapamill as a preventative.  As we all do when a cycle ends, we think we're cured.  'Fraid Not.  I stopped taking the Verapamil.  Believe it or not,  I went 5 years pf.  Last month, Guess who came for a visit.  They've changed sides or eyes.  Used to be left now hits the right.  Also, today was the first one I've got in the day.  They have been exclusively middle of night, wake me up ch's.  Aftre two weeks of denial, I went back on verapamil and depakote.  Nothing!  Went back to my pcp, He gave me IMItrex 6mg injectors.  Used one last night. Wow! immediate relief.  But, that stuff is bookoo, even w/insurance.  I did not use any today though, because I only have one left.  I decided to play a game with the beast.  I acted as though I was going home to inject myself, and the beast went running to the fiery furnace that it crawled out from.  Does that work for anyone, ever?  

Thank you Dj for this site, I've never met you and don't even know what you look like, but keep up the good work.  PF Days for all!!  See ya laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh Grin
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

Re: Imitrex!Wow!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 8:59pm »

Check out the imitrex tip link off to the left...that should help you stretch out your trex usage.  There are several ways to accomplish the same thing, but the link gives you the jist of it.

Regards!

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 9:11pm »

Hello,

I was in the same boat as you in the beginning with the number of imitrex stat dose injections per month limited to two packages or 4 shots.  The physician can request an "over-ride" for these shots by necessity.  I now get 9 boxes per month.  I save up during good times and always have enough for the cycles.  

Best of Luck

Wink
IP Logged
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 5th, 2003, 9:25pm »

I forgot to mention that Mast had suggested buying insulin syringes, 1cc 1/2", plus sterile vials from these people http://www.earthstores.com/gpzservices/

I picked up 50 syringes and a couple vials.  You can empty a few stat dose shots into the vials and then use the insulin syringes one time for a reduced dosage.

Grin
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 6th, 2003, 5:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

mmaya

Glad you found this site, and even more glad you found Imitrex!

DJ is bald! Grin

Wendy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss