Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 10:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Vitals monitoring »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Vitals monitoring
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Vitals monitoring  (Read 439 times)
CJNine

Email

Vitals monitoring
« on: Dec 7th, 2003, 10:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Anyone monitor their vital signs -- heart rate and BP -- during a CH episode?  For that matter, anybody chart out an episodic or periodic cycle (duration, intensity, time, weather conditions, etc)?

I have found that heart rate and BP both drop as the intensity of the attack increases.

Also found that the periodic cycle is bell curve shaped, slightly skewed, with CHs of KIP 9ish only occuring during a 7 - 14 period during the eight to ten week cycle in my case.  The build up tail is longer than the episode ending tail.

Maybe all this just gives me something to do during an attack rather than pace around the house, but I'm wondering if there are any similar reports.

Thanks,
CJ
IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

Re: Vitals monitoring
« Reply #1 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 12:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
I have found that heart rate and BP both drop as the intensity of the attack increases.  

Just the opposite for me, elevated heart rate & BP is one sure sign that someone is in severe pain.

Lee
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2003, 12:11pm by forgetful » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss