Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 10:19am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Update on shrooms »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Update on shrooms
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Update on shrooms  (Read 978 times)
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

Update on shrooms
« on: Dec 7th, 2003, 7:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I didn't want to break into HannahFroukjes ongoing report, so here's a new thread.

As some know, I started taking shrooms a little less than  two years ago and I redosed several times after that - the last time being very early this year.

What the shrooms did for me was do away with the pain. Not with the beast. It usually came to visit several times a week, occasionally a few times a day. I'd know it was there, because all the spots along the trig nerve, that the demon used to twang, would tingle or feel pulled, or give a little shiver. BUT: NO PAIN, no pain!

I jokingly said I had become low level chronic. Maybe that was the shrooms' doing. Maybe I was getting sort of chronic anyway. Dunno.

But these last weeks I have been getting the feeling the beast has left me. My overlong episode or temporarily chronic bout, whatever,  has come to en and. No visits from the beasts. No reminders that it is lurking and waiting to get me.  

I don 't know for how long, but I am free of the beast for now. When it rears its head again I'll run for the shroom shop, I promise you.

So a vote of thanks to Flash and Pink and to a girl named Stacey who, two years back, wrote a post that convinced this unhip, staid middle-aged lady to try altered states of consciousness to chase a demon.

May it stay chased for a long time, for all of us.

IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

Re: Update on shrooms
« Reply #1 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 8:59pm »

damn, marie... that just sent *shivers* up me spine....  

(just like these fuckin' SHADOWS are)

Quote:
I don 't know for how long, but I am free of the beast for now. When it rears its head again I'll run for the shroom shop, I promise you.

rock ON, sis....
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 9:03pm »

....as Not4 said, ave......ROCK ON!!

I'm so happy for you, wish more people would try this treatment.  It is amazing what it can do.

Tracey
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 10:18pm »

Great news, Ave!

I remember Stacey's post very well. It was her post that encouraged me to become active spreading information about this treatment. Before that I had just read the posts and filed the info away for my own use.  

She gave us one or two updates, then (like so many others) was seen no more. I can only presume that the treatment is still working for her, or she would have been back by now.  

I sure do wish she would drop by from time to time so we could thank her.  

pinky
IP Logged
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 10:22pm »

Ave I am so happy for you. I have a sneak y feeling that me playing with shrooms turned me chronic, and the last time I played with them I had a "nasty" batch of shrooms and had a HORRIBLE trip, so it sort of put me off the whole thing. But I am so happy that you didn't quit and that it worked for you!!!!!!GREAT NEWS
I have this wierd thought that if I took more it would keep me chronic for longer, than if I just left them alone..I don't know....I just scared my self with all of it.
BUT HAPPY FOR YOU AVE!!!
P.S Did you come off all your meds when you did this??
Love Ya
Jayne
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 12:50am »

Glad to hear it Ave.  Grin
Thank you for all you've done since.

Is this post from Stacey in our archives? Any way to find it?

PF
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
HannahFroukje
New Board Veteran
Netherlands 

Let's try and find some ANSWERS!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 2:10am »

on Dec 7th, 2003, 7:32pm, ave wrote:
I didn't want to break into HannahFroukjes ongoing report, so here's a new thread.

I jokingly said I had become low level chronic. Maybe that was the shrooms' doing. Maybe I was getting sort of chronic anyway. Dunno.

Hee hee ... yes it can be quite a struggle to bust thru the whole darned cycle  Undecided Undecided Undecided

On the second thing: I've had thoughts like that myself especially when Jos suffered from this weird amounts of attacks, under the influence of shrooms. Instead of his regular 6-7-8 he suddenly had 16-17-18 ! This led me to believe that the shrooms seem to cut the cycle apart, like they take all the pain, poor it into a jar, then poor it out again, but in "smaller cups" This might sound weird but it's like all the pain got devided in little pieces. I can imagine, when you add TIME then, .... like you shove the cuppa's wider apart .... . what you actually get is a chronic person. Now I'm not the expert here, but I'm really NOT surprised at all if anyone says the shrooms made me chronical (keep on reading).  

Every clusterhead is a chronic, even though you're in remission, you are still under the influence of the spell-of-the-beast, he 's just gone to sleep that's all, but he's THERE!

It appears to me that the most important thing is not to give up while doing the shrooms. With us the main effect was that the pain was poured into smaller cups. If we had given up when he was having 18 attacks a day, what would have happened, I wonder?  Huh Huh Huh. If your main effect is, that TIME is added ... so you're having more time inbetween attacks, and you give up, what will happen??? This is just my own thoughts ofcourse, perhaps some of the pro's want to add to this?

Anyway, I'm so happy for you Ave, fellow dutchie, that it worked for you. And especially because you report that the beast has actually GONE!  

PS (I edited this after the next post) I´m really not saying that everyone should always progress with the mushies if you´ve had a bad experience, I wouldn´t dare to imply that. I´m only saying to me it appears to be possible you get stuck in some sort of process then. And perhaps that´s not what you want at all.
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2003, 9:05am by HannahFroukje » IP Logged
jminmilwaukee
New Board Old Timer

« Reply #7 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 8:18am »

Ave......yet another success story! Thanks for coming back and reminding us how you were helped.  

Hannah....agree that you cannot give up with the exception of Jaynes experience. I know that a nasty trip would be enough to put most people off, this is why you must be very cafefull about contams and starting with very small doses to gauge where it will take you and how it will effect you.

I would not recommed anyone who has had nasty bad experiences continue with the treatment especially if you were really worried about it.  

jmin
IP Logged
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

« Reply #8 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 2:35pm »

Back to Jayney

Yes I was off meds. I did keep Vera to hand and most especially O2. That worked for me and I was willing to grant the beast 10 minutes if needs be - that's how fast it used to work on  me.

Yeah, possibly Stacey's post is in the archives - should be I believe september now 2 years ago.

And Jim - I have never been really away. I just have a different life style - as in getting up when you are asleep and vice versa... lol

Makes it harder to keep the contact going.
IP Logged

jminmilwaukee
New Board Old Timer

« Reply #9 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 3:48pm »

Damnet AVE! I knew someone was watching me in my sleep.  laugh

And I thought it was just Santa Clause.

Yeah, I know you never really went away. Not sure why I thanked you for coming back Huh

Must be a monday.

Cheers!
Jmin
IP Logged
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 12:58pm »

Whoops. I believe Ave and I were thinking of Stavi, not Stacey. I sort of knew as I was typing the name that it didn't seem quite right.  

Ave, your first shroom tea dose was in March of 2001, and Stavi's first post was in July of 2000.

For those interested in reading Stavi's first post, it can be found here --

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages/57787.html

It's been a while since I looked through the archives. I spent about an hour going through them just now, and was struck by just how many people now have had success with this treatment. What is even more noticeable is how many don't post any longer. To me, that indicates the treatment continues to work for them, and that they are living normal lives as ex-clusterheads.

I wish some of those folks would drop by from time to time and give us an update, but I can't in all honesty blame them from putting it all behind them. There have been times when I have stayed away from this board for extended periods, just because the very thought of cluster headaches depresses the hell out of me and brings back bad memories.  

And believe it or not, I go through stretches now of months at a time without even thinking of cluster headaches. What a change! For fifteen years they ruled my life -- if I wasn't starting a cycle, enduring a cycle, or recovering from a cycle I was worrying about when the next cycle would start. But last year I went so long without thinking about them that I neglected to take my preventative dose of shrooms. Fortunately when the next cycle began a single small dose ended it right away.

Anyway, back to the archives -- there is some truly fascinating reading to be found there. Ueli spent a tremendous amount of time and energy sifting through literally tens of thousands of posts from the old clusterheadaches.com bulletin board to provide us with the most thorough and comprehensive history of this treatment anywhere in the world. It was a gargantuan effort and I for one can't thank him enough for providing us with this tremendous resource.  

Ueli's archive can be found at  

http://www.clusterbusters.com

Load the page, then look down the right hand column till you come to "Message Board Archives". There are three groups -- 2000, 2001, and 2002.

The only thing I am nervous about is the fact that the archive is an archive of links, not of the actual posts. The posts themselves are on DJ's server where he archives old posts from the message board -- and to the best of my knowledge nowhere else. I would really hate to see those posts vanish in some internet accident, like a fire at the server farm where they are stored or something similar.  

It might be a good idea to mirror those archived posts somewhere else, or to burn a few CDs as permanent backup and keep them in a separate place. It would be tragic to lose that information.

Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

pinky

IP Logged
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

« Reply #11 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 3:50pm »

I'll go ask Michelle.

Now.

Ave
IP Logged

Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 8:49pm »

psmark:  I have made it a personal *crusade* to read everything Ueli has ever posted and I have *some* of it saved on disk... I'll look it up and share it/archive it/whatever... and hopefully this will help..  

i know that *s h i t* gets lost... and some of this stuff is just priceless... not that it won't happen again, be commented on, cussed and dis-cussed... but the WEALTH of information in DJ's archives... Ueli's, ...and some other pack-rats... should NOT be lost... when the CH board crashed in August a couple years ago.... some pretty good stuff got lost.... the Paco Papers, fer example.....

if I can help, lemme KNOW!

best ....Steve(n4H)
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 11:56pm »

OMG, one more project.
Gimme a couple of months to get this one done.
I'll put em on cd and save them on clusterbusters somewhere and on my puter.

CONGRATS ON THE SUCCESSES Smiley
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss