Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 8:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Amerge Works For Me »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Amerge Works For Me
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Amerge Works For Me  (Read 766 times)
BlueMeanie

Email

Amerge Works For Me
« on: Dec 8th, 2003, 12:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Just wanted to let anyone who is interested that I started using Amerge tablets. After 8 trails with CH's, they where aborted EVERY time. I was getting attacked by the Beast around 3-4x aday. Now they are down to 2x a day. It takes al little longer than the Imitrex injections. Well woth it though. No more poking my Ass 3x a day.

15 years ago only O2 worked, then Imitrex came along and works. And now Amerge works for me.

YaaHooo. It's great knowing I can actually leave the house with ammo for the Beast.
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: Amerge Works For Me
« Reply #1 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 12:43pm »

Good for you, I also had good luck with amerge - however my insurance no longer pays for it. Undecided
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 7:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

How long is it taking to abort?  What are the daily/weekly dosage restrictions?  What side effects have you noticed?

Oh yeah, I always stab in the thigh!   Grin
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Piglett1969

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 8:47pm »

Amerge is good stuff.  It used to work great for me, but it didn't touch the last few really nasty clusters I had, so my neuro switched me to Imitrex a couple of years ago.  I guess maybe my system got immune to it or something.
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 9:24pm »

Prense,

I've been averaging about 1 tablet every 12 hours. I have no side effects whatsoever. When I give myself a shot of Imitrex, it gets my heart beating a little fast. Amerge does not.

The Beast will figure me out eventually. I plan to switch between the Imitrex & Amerge. (Helps insurance to pay for it anyway.)

I was told DO NOT use both meds at the same time.

It takes about 15 minutes for me to abort as long as I take it reasonably soon. I've never waited past the KIP 7 to take it.
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 7:53am »

What is the max dosage allowed in a 24 hour and 1 week period?
IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 4:59pm »

You are only suppose to take a couple of pills a day from what I was told.  It is suppose to be long acting.  I found it aborted my headache but 2 hours latter when the next headache hit, I felt it, and was left helpless to take anything more for it.  So I don't take amerge or frova because of that problem.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 9th, 2003, 6:47pm »

Thanks Karla...fortunately, some can get 6 aborts per day with trex injections.  I have had no problems with the trex, but my neuro is concerned with my usage rate...  I'm just keeping my ear to the ground for any other "feesible" abortives.  I am currently averaging about 15-20 full injectors a month.  I told her that we can get my usage rate down if she finds a preventative for me that actually works.   Grin
IP Logged

BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 11:30am »

Update on my Amerge success. The Beast has figured me out again. The last tablet I took DID NOT work !!! The Beast woke me at 2:30 AM. Took my Amerge tablet; the CH continued to get more painful until it reached the ol' KIP 10. Was wasted from pain until 4 AM. Gonna switch back to Imitrex again and see what happens.
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2003, 11:36am by YOSIMITE » IP Logged
watchinthewheels
New Board Newbie
England 

why bark yourself?....

« Reply #9 on: Dec 10th, 2003, 1:05pm »

Prense  - Re: Imitrex.  I am usually on the Psilosibin board, but was searching for other ideas when I saw your message.

The reason for me being on the other site is that my friend can not take Imitrex because he did the same as you and over used it Sad Sad (he was using about the same amount as you), until two years ago when (guess what) he had a massive heart attack.  Normally with a Cardiac Infarction one Stent is used, he had to have three.  I'm not trying the scare you, and having seen CH, though not felt the pain I realise how important the Imitrex lifeline is, but please, please, be careful.
IP Logged
shifteh
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Berserk Canadian

2735385 2735385    
Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 18th, 2003, 10:09pm »

I have tried Amerge as well. It works for me, but only for an hour or two. I had an allergic reaction to Imitrex, so I had to switch to Amerge.

I now take Amitripyline once before I go to sleep and it has made the headaches less frequent, but hasn't really made them easier to deal with.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss