Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 2:20am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Doxepin »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Doxepin
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Doxepin  (Read 623 times)
jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

This isn't life threatening, just life altering

jadedgazer  

Doxepin
« on: Jan 8th, 2004, 11:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My neuro is adding Doxepin to my regemin. I have researched the archives here, the PDR, the web...etc. about the drug. Some of the things I have found have been rather alarming. Nightmares, weight gain, etc.

All of the archival posts I found here were rather old. I was wondering if anyone here is currently taking Doxepin? If so, how is it working for you and what types of side effects are you getting from it?  

I haven't gotten the script yet, they mail it to me from OKC and it takes 7-10 days to get it. I want to know all I can about it before it gets here. I am willing to try it, as I am really having a tough time of it. But I also want to be knowledgeable of what I am getting myself into by taking this new med.

I understand that it is an anti-deppresant, which won't hurt anyway as the constant barrage of ha's is causing some severe depression. I also understand that sometimes the tricylics can help control and cut down on the intensity and number of CH's in chronics.  

ANY info that you all have out there would be much appreciated and valued.

PFDANs to you all!
Jackie S
IP Logged

Jackie S.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Doxepin
« Reply #1 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 4:59pm »

Go to: www.headachedrugs.com, and put your drug name in the search box. In general, the doc who runs this site reports that antidepessants are not especially helpful--but there is always the exception.

Re. side effects: please understand that all the listed side effects are listed because the FDA requires it. But the actual experience may only be at a 1-2% risk level, higher with other effects. The point being: the list your read is a POSSIBILITY, not a PREDICTION.  

Take the med and report to your doc if you begin to have adverse reactions. There is no drug which is absolutely free of side effects for 100% of people who take it. Wisdom says use meds with guidance and attention to what your body is telling you.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
hdbngr
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 12:57pm »

I asked for the Doxepin a couple of months ago because I read it was used to treat chronic pain. It does make you feel happier, BUT The side effects I noticed were I became intensely drowsy right after taking it for the first two weeks, so I moved it to right before bedtime.

The other side effect (which I couldn't handle) was the desire to eat, eat, eat. It was like I couldn't seem to get full, even when I had eaten plenty, I didn't FEEL full. After about two weeks of this, and a number of midnight raids on the Ritz crackers, I stopped taking it. I didn't notice a change in the headaches, so I figured I better quit while I was ahead!
IP Logged

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

This isn't life threatening, just life altering

jadedgazer  

« Reply #3 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 11:57pm »

Thanks for the info.
IP Logged

Jackie S.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss