Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2024, 6:03pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « update - I'm Pain FREE! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   update - I'm Pain FREE!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: update - I'm Pain FREE!  (Read 491 times)
gutternuts
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

update - I'm Pain FREE!
« on: Jan 12th, 2004, 9:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Good morning all.   Let me start by giving a heartfelt thank you to everyone here.  This place is a godsend, and without your support and information i'd probobly still be in bed deep into a pain filled depression.

Update:   finally went 1 day (24 hrs) w/o imitrex..  new years eve i woke up and went straight for the mushrooms (dried)  took 1/2 teaspoon made some tea, and bammo  they were gone.

I put the shrooms to the test that night, with my wife having put out a pot of chocolate fondue, and  i myself indulging while drinking 2 wine coolers.  They really were gone.    

I had a few shadows or more like a dull rebound type headache a few days later...  took a 2nd glass of tea.  1 week later i took another just to be sure.  yep i'm 99% positive now, these beast is dead.

today is day 12 painFREE (that is sooo wonderful to say)

just a few notes, i am a normal hyper type goofy ass husband.  and after this tea..  it was like a lightbulb went ON.  I feel NORMAL, I played games with my kids, i played games with the adults that attended our new years party.  Hell, we actually had a new years party!.  I couldnt remember the last time i felt normal...   Oh how nice it feels!

now, for all you out there.  THANK YOU.  I will forever be indebt to clusterheadaches.com and it's members.  without you....  i dont know where or what i would be doing right now.

Oh, the reason this took so long to get back is:  

1 I trashed my computer, and had to restore a backup from sep2003 (b4 i was here)

2 My sewer line broke, and i (still) have a flooded front yard full of $%@%.  (better then a house full of it).  

so i been meaning to come here and type type type...

God Bless  

'g'

IP Logged
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

Re: update - I'm Pain FREE!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12th, 2004, 6:18pm »

Congratulations!
IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
Weinhexe
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12th, 2004, 10:46pm »

Great news to hear that someone is pain free!
My husband is going through hell, and I am new to this site, and desparate!
Where do you get these mushrooms?  What are they called?
IP Logged

Weinhexe
Flounder
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

sing sweet songs to rock my soul

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12th, 2004, 10:48pm »

Great News G,
It's an awesome feeling to get your life back. Keep us informed on your progress.

Weinhexe,

You can learn about this treatment @
www.clusterbusters.com

And by reading the posts here on shrooms.  

You are in the right place. The people on this board will help you, whatever treatment path you decide to take.
Good luck to you.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2004, 11:05pm by Flounder » IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12th, 2004, 11:09pm »

Great News 'g'! It's so nice to hear someone being painfree!  

Weinhexe So sorry to hear your husband is having such a rough time.  I'm not well versed on mushrooms, but there are quite a few members here that can give you the info you need.  Also clusterbusters.com has tonsof info on 'shrooms (I think I have the addy right)
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13th, 2004, 3:57am »

I have been reading all the shroom things on this board for a couple of years now and I am sure it will work fo rmost people to break the cycles, but.....  

It's illegal!
They are not available to most people
It is a hit and miss affair with the dose
You have to grow your own
Become an expert on shrooms
etc, etc, etc.

I have never been close to even trying them because of the logistics.

If it is so effective why is the Pharm industry not doing something for us sufferers to produce an easy to take drug?

John
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
jminmilwaukee
New Board Old Timer

« Reply #6 on: Jan 13th, 2004, 8:56am »

Hang in there JM, we are doing EVERYTHING we can to get some form of this treatment made available to people with morals and ethics such as yourself.

The hit and miss dose thing is becoming more refined every week as those of us willing to find an effective treatment for all are doing the legwork.

Now to address your point (only my humble opinion).

"It's illegal!"

True, it is illegal. I personally struggle with this one as I have to decide what is worse....clusters or the law. Since I have given up on ALL other options and suicide was not a good option for me, I decided to end my clusters in a semi legal way. I travel to places it is legal and dose there.

"They are not available to most people"

Unlike those expensive prescription drugs? I believe they are only avail to people with insurance or a decent amount of disposable income (In the US anyway).

Shrooms are avail to anyone willing to seek them out wether it is by vacation plans or grow your own.

"It is a hit and miss affair with the dose"

Again, this is being refined. I believe we are actually much more acurate than the "hit and Miss" presciption drug technique. The beuty of it is once we hit and hit good, it is normally a knockout for the beast unlike a lifelong commitment to daily Trex, Lithium and so on.

"You have to grow your own"

Its a fungus for goodness sake. Not rocket science. I (again personal opinion) would rather ingest a non liver / kidney destroying natual substance than a chemical any day of the week.

"Become an expert on shrooms"

I'll give you this one. You must be very carefull about what strain you order and be sure of your source. Some countries you can walk in and select your preference like buying a loaf of bread.

Again, this is my opinion only.

etc, etc, etc.  

jmin

IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 13th, 2004, 7:28pm »

Awesome news GN!

Kickass post Jmin!!

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss