Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2024, 12:45pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Usine Shrooms - A couple of points »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Usine Shrooms - A couple of points
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Usine Shrooms - A couple of points  (Read 498 times)
grandteton
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Usine Shrooms - A couple of points
« on: Jan 23rd, 2004, 1:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there,

My name is Mark from down town Australia!  I have been reading this site on and off for a few months now and am very relieved to find such an amazing source of information. I thought I was on my own!  

I am 28 yo and am having the third bout of cluster headaches in my life but aren't able to rid myself of them this time.

My first bout was back in about 95, about 6 months after playing (that mad game) Aussie Rules where I got knocked out and suffered severe whiplash.  After suffering from these headaches for a few months, I visited a remedial masseur who using trigger points techniques, loostened my neck and the headaches disappeared.

Then whilst living over in the UK in 99-00 they started again, and several visits to remedial masseurs did nothing.  Then by accident I visted a health shop and explained my problem. (which at the time I referred to as migraines)  They put me onto Feverfew tablets and told me to cut out triggers (choc, wine, cheese, sugar etc) and they disappeared within a week, after nearly a year of suffering. AMAZING!

They're back again now, and I've had this bout for 10months. Unfortunately this time no masseur, osteopath, mytherapist, feverfew or diet is working.  
I get in between 4 and 7 clusters a day which last for between 10 and 30 mins, usually meaning some "down tme" at least twice a day hiding in the toilet cubicle at work to recover!  

I clench my jaw and grind my teeth unintentionally whilst sleeping which my GP says may be a cause. Has anyone else had this problem?

I am onto the mushroom theory and am just about to start growing my own, however I have two points I need some help with:

1) How much to take?  

Is it better to used dried shrooms or fresh ones? If I do used dry ones, how do I dry them?
Can you make mushroom tea with dry mushrooms as well as fresh? How many/what weight is ideal for both fresh and dried?

2) Are you able to store fresh mushrooms for use at a later date? Or can you make tea from them and store that?

I have read a lot and aren't too clear on amounts/weights etc. If anyone can help at all I'd appreciate it!   laugh

Thanks!
Mark
IP Logged
jminmilwaukee
New Board Old Timer

Re: Usine Shrooms - A couple of points
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23rd, 2004, 4:28am »

Start here
  www.clusterbusters.com

jmin
IP Logged
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Usine Shrooms - A couple of points
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:38am »

Hello,

jmin is correct....go to that site and the various links provided there.  It will answer practically every question that you may have.  The preferred method is measurement via dried products.  Good luck.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss