Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 11:01pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Mushrooms? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Mushrooms?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mushrooms?  (Read 1960 times)
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

Re: Mushrooms?
« Reply #25 on: Oct 19th, 2004, 10:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sorry Bob P.  You are right.  They can be quite unpleasant at or near recreational doses.  I was thinking of Flash's sub-threshold dosing technique.  

Jesse
IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Oct 19th, 2004, 10:34am »

Like I said, even if you do get a little too big a dose and have to deal with some of the side effects, it's still worth a try.  If we're willing to eat prednisone for days, inject ourselves with vasoconstrictors, risk ergotism or gangrene, why wouldn't we be willing to give the fungi a shot.

If you think you have clusters and haven't tried indomethacin and shrooms, you're nuts!
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
jminmilwaukee
New Board Old Timer

« Reply #27 on: Oct 19th, 2004, 11:49am »

Good day Marcus,

If you do visit the islands you will want to go to the British Virgins, Tortola to be exact. Althou not completly legal they can be had almost anywhere. If you go during a full moon, there will be an open market of sorts at a place called the Bomba Shack (full moon parties with a mush tea served at midnight). This open market tends to be supervised by the island police but they seem to be there just to keep things from getting too out of control and the shrooms are sold openly.

Several of the locals will be happy to help out also but you do need to exercise common sense and some caution as crime does happen sometimes there but rarely compared to the US side.

Just make sure to bring your passport and plan on a few hours of down time and you will be fine.

BTW - Maint dosing have kept the beast at bay for me with great success so far.

Good luck

jmin
IP Logged
marcus
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #28 on: Oct 19th, 2004, 4:41pm »

What exactly is maintenance dosing?  I'm sure I need to find out more about how to  do this and all but I kept thinking I just take some when I am starting to feel the headaches coming on and then it will stop them.

Thanks for the help with the travel, Jim.  I look forward to going there, soon I hope!!!  

Lastly, I don't know who has kids and stuff here but my wife is really worried that the kids will find where I'm growing the mushrooms.  We have 5 kids from ages 13 to 4.  How do I make sure they won't find them?  My wife is so bothered by this and she's not real comfortible about it anyways so if I can ease her fears about that part, it could help her.

Hope everyone has a pain free day.

In His Love,
Marcus
IP Logged
jminmilwaukee
New Board Old Timer

« Reply #29 on: Oct 19th, 2004, 4:59pm »

THe kids and legalities are questions that only you can answer in my opinion. This is why I choose to vacation where they are "legal" and not risk growing or keeping them here in the states. Plus, the dosage is sooo small that is more like the equiv of having a couple of beers than some far out trip.

I have way too much to lose and therfor go where it is accepted and ok by local standards. Another great reason to continue the leagal reserch and study of this "cure".

Good luck.
IP Logged
marcus
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #30 on: Oct 19th, 2004, 6:37pm »

I do work for the government and worry about breaking the law but I don't wanna suffer no more.  I might try your advice first and do it there where it's safe and then grow them only if I need to.  I looked on that clusterbusters website and couldn't find anything about maintenance dosing.  Am I just not finding it or it isn't there or what is it?

In His Love,
Marcus
IP Logged
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #31 on: Oct 19th, 2004, 7:30pm »

Maintenance dosing means taking psilocybin before a cycle starts in order to avoid that cycle.  For some their cycles are regular enough that they know when to dose.  Others wait until they feel the first signs of the cycle beginning.

Am I the only person disgusted by the fact that people are leaving our "free" country to get relief from CH because they are afraid of legal repercussions?

Edited to add: I'm not disgusted with anyone who leaves the country to get shrooms. I'm just disgusted with the law that causes it.

Jesse
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2004, 7:39pm by JJA » IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Oct 19th, 2004, 8:32pm »

on Oct 19th, 2004, 7:30pm, JJA wrote:

Am I the only person disgusted by the fact that people are leaving our "free" country to get relief from CH because they are afraid of legal repercussions?

Jesse

Yeah, I'm disapointed in that, especially considering that alcohol is legal and very dangerous.... plus the fact that the doctors are quite satisfied to put people on Prednisone and worse, but run like roaCHes at the first mention of this treatment...  LSD was originally developed as a headaCHe medicine.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #33 on: Oct 19th, 2004, 10:31pm »

D did his first maint dose 3 months after breaking his 'cycle' (20 year cycle!).  We have since moved it up to every 2 months, because history has shown us that the fall is the worst time of the year.
We have kids (only one in the home) . . .while we would love to go to the islands, it just hasn't been an option.  Maybe someday??  Oh, and our kids are just glad that D isn't getting whacked anymore . . .3 of them never knew him without h/as (his youngest, and my 2) . .. that is, until this last 6 months!  edit:  oh, and neither had I . . .he had CH when I met him . . .what a great 6 months this has been!
*positive light and energy*
miapet
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2004, 10:33pm by miapet » IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #34 on: Oct 20th, 2004, 7:08am »

There is way to much stigma attached to this treatment.
Its not that big a deal. But then again I don't live in the U.S.
If its the kids your worried about, just be honest. Its way better than getting busted by 13 year old.

If you want to use this as an excuse to travel to the caribbean, go for it. Tortola is just a short ferry boat ride away from St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. Check with any travel agent, there are pretty good package deals to be had.
Ferries run on the 1/2 hour from Charlotte Amalie or Red Hook.

Born and raised in St. Thomas. This area was my playground as a kid.

If you can't travel, grow your own.    

IP Logged
AlanG
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

alangeisdorf  
Email

« Reply #35 on: Oct 20th, 2004, 11:42am »

on Oct 19th, 2004, 5:52am, Biker wrote:
Alochol to avoid CH??????   Your a lucky one.   I have found that one shot of any  kind of alochol, or even a beer will trigger an attack.  

Yes I have the same problem, one drink and I go into pain so I hit the oxygen then go back to my drink. I have some portable oxygen tanks that I sometimes take to the bar thats only 2 blocks away. Most time when I feel  the pain coming on I will walk back 2 blocks to get oxygen. The bar owner is aware of my condition so sometimes I take my portable and he allows me to use the back room so im not around any smokers or flame for safety. but I have to say that once drunk I dont get anymore attacks and can sleep a full night thro without going into pain. mind you the next morning I feel just as useless as having been in pain all night. This in itself defeats the object of being able to get a nights sleep and waking up all chipper the next morning, but at least im not waking up every hour and half in blazzing pain.
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: Oct 20th, 2004, 1:03pm »

on Oct 20th, 2004, 11:42am, AlanG wrote:

Yes I have the same problem, one drink and I go into pain so I hit the oxygen then go back to my drink.

Sounds like a vicious cycle.
Why have the first drink?
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
marcus
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #37 on: Oct 20th, 2004, 6:35pm »

vig, thanks for the email about being discreet.  If people have ideas but don't want to post, my email address is marcushoffman_1@hotmail.com.  I am just so happy there are kind souls out there to help me.  I was so alone before the internet and I rejoice for the support of this board.

In His Love,
Marcus
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #38 on: Oct 20th, 2004, 7:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Oct 20th, 2004, 11:42am, AlanG wrote:

Yes I have the same problem, one drink and I go into pain so I hit the oxygen then go back to my drink. I have some portable oxygen tanks that I sometimes take to the bar thats only 2 blocks away. Most time when I feel  the pain coming on I will walk back 2 blocks to get oxygen. The bar owner is aware of my condition so sometimes I take my portable and he allows me to use the back room so im not around any smokers or flame for safety.

Alan,

I hate to sound so negative. I like to have a drink just like the next guy, but geesh. That is an awful excuse to have a drink. When I'm in cycle I couldn't stand the fact that a drink is worth a CH. Just my opinion.
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #39 on: Oct 21st, 2004, 12:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Oct 19th, 2004, 9:48am, Bob P wrote:

There's a little more than that.  For me they caused a good deal of anxiety, chills, tremors

I've had problems with the side effects also, to the point where I became reluctant to takethe shrooms... until the CH reminded me of how bad it could be.  Felt a bit like I was caught between a rock and a hard place... BUT it's looking like very small doses (not even level 1) and taken more frequently (up to 3x each day) for a prolonged period (14 days) may be even more effective than the single piledriver dose.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss