Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2024, 2:24pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « STRANGE BRAIN'S »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   STRANGE BRAIN'S
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: STRANGE BRAIN'S  (Read 330 times)
pokemom
New Board Newbie
USA 

miles of smiles!

STRANGE BRAIN'S
« on: Oct 28th, 2004, 12:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok I have CH's. Is it not strange that sometimes I can wake up like at 4am with a CH in the range of 10 on the kip scale sit in the bathroom for a while in the dark with this pain and a few minutes pass the pain has peaked and tapered and gone. This is why I don't take an abortive until I know it’s going to be a long one.  Do any of you have this to happen to you? Sure would like to know.  And is it ok sometimes to take zomeg instead of maxalt. Just wondering, sometime I forget to take a maxalt with me to the mall and a bad one hits me so I take one of my husband’s zomegs (he has migraines).  
Thanks for any help in this matter. Lots of love to you and lots of pain free day's......
Poke`  
 worried
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2004, 12:39pm by pokemom » IP Logged

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose! (JJ) Robin
unsolved1

Email

Re: STRANGE BRAIN'S
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28th, 2004, 12:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I usually know in the first 2 - 3 minutes weather it's gonna get bad or not. I make my decision to take an abortive or not after that.

Unsolved
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 28th, 2004, 1:38pm »

I don't know.
Sometimes they're really bad and really long and I wished I HAD taken something, Sometimes they pass quickly and I wish I HADN'T wasted the medicine.
It's hard for me to predict. Undecided
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
becky8

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 28th, 2004, 2:35pm »

I'm with Paul (Vig) too, I was never sure but it seems more now I know at least one spot it hits on my head and if it hits there, were rockin. So then I always reach for something fast. But what I do know is when its gonna be bad my heart starts really racing (its nerves) but because of everyone's help here I just try to relax so I can do the shot and not panic like I did before. I did the shot the other day and was so proud of myself cause I didn't freak. At least not too much!!!
IP Logged
thudpucker
New Board Junior
USA 

There's a shadow hanging over me.

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 28th, 2004, 4:02pm »

Pardon the irrelevance, but I do love your nym.   Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: Oct 28th, 2004, 4:26pm »

on Oct 28th, 2004, 12:38pm, pokemom wrote:
And is it ok sometimes to take zomeg instead of maxalt. Just wondering, sometime I forget to take a maxalt with me to the mall and a bad one hits me so I take one of my husband’s zomegs (he has migraines).  
Thanks for any help in this matter. Lots of love to you and lots of pain free day's......
Poke`  
 worried

First let me say this:

DO NOT MIX TRIPTANS

Maxalt (rizatriptan), Zomig (zolmitriptan), Imitrex (sumitriptan), Amerge (naratriptan), Relpax (eletriptan), Axert (almotriptan), Frova (frovatriptan) and meds containing ergotamine are dangerous to take within 24 hours of each other.   Mixing triptans can cause serious cardiac problems.  If you switch from one to another, wait at least 24 hours between the two different meds.

Now, to answer your 1st question, when I have an attack coming, I can usually tell how bad it is going to get in the first few minutes.  I usually hit the O2 tank immediately and evaluate from there.  If things start to get out of hand, I'll hit the trex and keep sucking O2.  If O2 doesn't work in 20 minutes, it ain't gonna work.   Sometimes I know by how fast the pain ramps up and how the pumpkin feels, that I need to just go straight to the trex.

IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 28th, 2004, 4:57pm »

When I awaken with a CH it is already a bad one. Right to the imitrex I go.

I can tell you how many tiles are on my bathroom floor.
IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 28th, 2004, 5:11pm »

I mixed Triptans a couple of times. Let me tell you about this one time ... at band camp ... no, I mean ....(wrong story)This one time, I was getting hammered all day and all night by the beast. Finally, after 10 Imitrex injections in a 20 hour period ... I go to the ER .... Doc comes in with a nurse who had a needle w/ medicine, I assumed it was Demerol 50mg and Phenegran  ... about 1/2 way into the IV infusion I ask, "What are you giving me?" ... doc replied "DHE" .... HOLY SHEEET ! All that Imitrex and then DHE on top ... wooohoooo. My BP went up to something crazy like 240 over 140. They had to give me another shot to get the BP down quickly. I Made it though !! I was sure to thank the doc for just about killin a man !!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss