Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « O2 in the uk »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   O2 in the uk
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: O2 in the uk  (Read 574 times)
ksmiggy
New Board Junior

doh!

ksmiggy  
Email

O2 in the uk
« on: Nov 4th, 2004, 11:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Does anyone from the uk get oxygen, i have tried ramming facts down my doctors nose, but they still insist on trying more tablets.  As a chronic sufferer, surely oxygen is best?  i dont want to play guinnea pig anymore, any uk sufferers on O2, please tell me what you said to your doctor
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: O2 in the uk
« Reply #1 on: Nov 4th, 2004, 2:06pm »

Hi Ksmiggy! Nice to meet you!
I'm in Nottingham in the UK and I have oxygen and it is fantastic.. can't tell you how brilliant it is. I'm very lucky as my GP looked up both OUCHUK and this website and found out lods of info for himself so he was very open to prescribing O2. OUCHUK are alot of help too. There are articles on there you can print off to show your GP and there is also a copy of a letter available fromt he from the DOH re prescribing of oxygen. Give them a call on their helpline or drop them an email. Get armed with stuff to take to your GP!
Good luck, let us know how you get on and if you need any more help SHOUT!
Regards
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

ksmiggy
New Board Junior

doh!

ksmiggy  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 4th, 2004, 4:35pm »

Thanks Helen, my Gp says it isn't down to him, (cost watching i think), phone the hospital and played hell, got an appt next fri, will let you know, printer has been on overtime, armed to the teeth with info
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 4th, 2004, 4:51pm »

He might say that in the first instance but once he gets the okay from the hospital he can repeat prescribe for you and you can stick two fingers up to him! If you want to IM me your meail addy I'll forward the articles I got from Ouch and you can add them to your small amazonian rain forest! Good luck for next friday.. let us know how you get on and who you saw, what bus you got and what you had for lunch etc!! ( Okay .. I was joking about the bus!! Smiley)
IP Logged

majic
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #4 on: Nov 8th, 2004, 7:01pm »

It took a bit of effort by my GP to be allowed to prescribe Oxygen for me as well.

You might do alot better taking a good look at www.clusterbusters.com, then going out and buying a bag of mushrooms and curing yourself. It's much less hassle than a continual round of medical appointments and fairly useless prescription drugs.

Majic
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 8th, 2004, 7:11pm »

Are you trying this majic? How is it working for you. I find it interesting but a bit scary too. I'm of the opinion that anything that can help you is worth trying though so good for you if its working!
I like the O2 because its side effect free etc. Oh and because it works of course!
Apparently there was a whole hoo haa earlier this year regarding new O2 prescribing from next year. OUCH UK have alot of info on this if you need it to show your doctor. Personally I found the O2 to be something well worth fighting for even though I very luckily didn't need to fight at all
I hope you get sorted soon
Helen
IP Logged

majic
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #6 on: Nov 8th, 2004, 7:23pm »

It's just coming up for 3 years since I discovered the 'shroom treatment. Prior to that I had been chronic for nearly 20 years.

I had immediate relief after the first dose I took.

For the first year I had to dose about every 4-6 weeks to prevent attacks starting up again. Over the 2nd year I gradually increased the gap between doses and still managed to stay largely clear of attacks.

The most recent dose I took was last New Year's Eve and I have remained clear of attacks since then. I am just starting to think that maybe I ought to take a maintenance dose sometime in the next month or so.

Majic
IP Logged
ksmiggy
New Board Junior

doh!

ksmiggy  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 9th, 2004, 4:45pm »

I have gotta look into the shroom theory, just worried about the other effects if there are any?
IP Logged
majic
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #8 on: Nov 9th, 2004, 5:27pm »

I wouldn't worry too much about any 'side effects'. The doses needed to bring relief are very small compared to recreational use and so you will not really notice much in the way of 'recreational effects'.

The best thing to do is get someone who isn't dosing to sit with you for a few hours the first couple of times you try them just as a bit of reassurrance.

majic
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss