Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 4:35pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Abortive medication methods. (O2&Imitrex) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Abortive medication methods. (O2&Imitrex)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Abortive medication methods. (O2&Imitrex)  (Read 880 times)
Magick

Email

Abortive medication methods. (O2&Imitrex)
« on: Nov 10th, 2004, 6:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Doing some reading on CH.com and was wondering about a few things.[b][/b]

Does anyone use the cold O2 method and does this work faster for you.

I an inline bubbler really needed for such short durations of o2 use?

On extending Imitrex: Can you do this while getting hit with a kip 8-10? It’s seems to me like even with assistance this would be far more difficult to administer this way under those conditions.

Also I would like to hear others breathing techniques for o2 and what else they try.
IP Logged
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Abortive medication methods. (O2&Imitrex)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10th, 2004, 7:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My welders oxygen tank has a tank pressure guage, and an outlet pressure guage.  I have the outlet pressure in the neighborhood of 20-30 psi when I first begin to abort.  I have a thumb activated valve that turns the O2 feed on and off.  I breathe pure oxygen pretty fast at first.  I can inflate my lungs in less than 1/2 second if I wish.  I try and breathe slow and deep till I feel the headache begin to fade.  After the CH receeds some, I reduce the outlet pressure to 3-5 pounds and breath slow, deep breaths.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 10th, 2004, 9:12pm »

on Nov 10th, 2004, 6:33pm, Magick wrote:
I an inline bubbler really needed for such short durations of o2 use?

Probably not. I've been trying to get one loaded, but dang if the connections don't match up. A bubbler is nice, but if you don't have one, go for it anyway.

Also I would like to hear others breathing techniques for o2 and what else they try.

Not much in the way of technique. Make sure the mask fits Really Tight around the face. Spit on it to find leaks if need be. Got lazy the last go around, and wondered why the O2 wasn't working as well. It was because I was a lazy piece of white trash, not paying attention to the instructions.

CRAM the mask onto your face. HUFF the O2 into your lungs. When it's time to relax and breathe easy, you'll be the first to know.

Constant vigilance,
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11th, 2004, 9:08am »

Kip uses the cold O2 method and swears by it.  I think he uses a long O2 hose and coils it up in and ice chest full of ice & water.  I read a research article a while back that looked at cold air and said it was more effective.

I didn't use a bubbler last cluster.  After a few weeks of huffing dry O2 my throat and nose got very dried out and sore.  Next time I'll use the bubbler.

A question for the bubbler users:
Does moisture condense on the inside of the non-rebreather bag?  If so, wouldn't this be a breeding ground for bugs?  Hate to get Legionaires Disease from my O2.  Is this a problem, what do you do about it?
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake me up when it's all over.

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #4 on: Nov 11th, 2004, 8:20pm »

Bob,

I use a bubbler and have never had condensation form on the inside of my rebreather bag.

.................alley
IP Logged

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 12th, 2004, 7:15am »

Quote:
author=Bob P  

A question for the bubbler users:
Does moisture condense on the inside of the non-rebreather bag?  If so, wouldn't this be a breeding ground for bugs?  Hate to get Legionaires Disease from my O2.  Is this a problem, what do you do about it?

Yes it can.

Yes it would.

Spend the $3-4 to buy a new one.

Also look for moisture in the clear plastic tubing--also not a good thing.

Hope this helps......notfer
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #6 on: Nov 16th, 2004, 8:02am »

On extending Imitrex: Can you do this while getting hit with a kip 8-10? It’s seems to me like even with assistance this would be far more difficult to administer this way under those conditions.

I have no problem using the imitrex tip no matter how hard I am being hit - I just force myself to be calm for the minute it takes. After the 1st time it is easier.

John
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Nov 16th, 2004, 11:35am »

This might sound nuts but I have been using a scuba regulator.  Don't waste a single puff of O2.  An E-Tank lasts me 3 weeks.  

Early in the cycle the O2 knocks down the headaches quick and they rarely come back, even at night.  After a week or so I have less luck.  O2 may delay the onset or make the pain a little more manageable -- THAT'S WHEN I BREAKTHE IMITREX OUT!! 2 minutes and the headache's all but gone.

IP Logged
Magick

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 9:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I like the idea of the scuba setup. Looking at  
OXYGEN HACKER'S COMPANION
SCUBA REGULATOR MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR
I thin the non-re-breather mask is a joke. You DO re-breath your own breath and it wastes lots of o2, and that’s money down the drain (or in the air)
O2 works very well for me but I always feel like I’m fighting the equipment somehow.
I think I'm going to hack something together. M class tank, cold o2 hack, bubbler and a SCUBA regulator. That if I can find a way to make it all work together and be safe AND effective.
IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 11:33am »

The problem with the scuba regulator is it doesn't line up or seal perfectly every time.  You need to screw with the valve, turn it on and off, so the O2 doesn't leak when the tank's full.

Best to do this rigging before you get slammed...
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 5:51pm »

I've been breaking the trex shots down and pre loading syringes that I can carry with me at all time.  the little orange cap keeps them leak free, and as long as you keep them from the light they are just fine.  that way it's just swab and poke and go....I can't get by with 2 mgs but 3 does the job jsut right.

Back to the salt mines.....catch ya all tonight.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss