Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 6:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « So Frustrated! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   So Frustrated!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: So Frustrated!  (Read 594 times)
serendipity
New Board Junior
USA 

huckleberryalice
Email

So Frustrated!
« on: Nov 19th, 2004, 11:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been seeing the same doctor for about 6 years now and he has always been very cooperative and sympathetic to my "plight."  However, asking for oxygen has not worked.

Wednesday I went in to see him armed with knowledge!  I printed out everything I thought would be helpful in convincing him to let me try oxygen therapy.  All went well, but today when I talked to the oxygen supplier, I realized he had only prescribed a rate of 3 liters/min. with a nasal breather instead of a nonrebreather mask.  I was very clear about the requirements when I saw him this week.  Now, he is out of town until Monday and I have to suffer through the weekend with only a few Frova to help me out.

Any advice on how to get these doctors to hear what you're saying?  I'm not surprised that they don't know much about oxygen therapy, since CH are so rare, but I do expect to be listened to!  I come in all prepared, only to find out that the amount of oxygen he prescribed won't do me any good at all!  Also, he believes that Prednisone is just as effective at 30mg. as it is at 80, so that's what I'm taking as a preventative.  I'm very frustrated right now! Angry
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2004, 11:19am by serendipity » IP Logged
toolong
New Board Veteran
USA 

Looking for an answer

WWW Email

Re: So Frustrated!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19th, 2004, 6:56pm »

Just call him back,probally will get his nurse,but anyway tell whoever that you need an "H"tank with a regulator and a nonrebreather mask.My doctor has me taking 15 liters for 15 min.It is my drug of choice for 9 months now and I find it my only salvation.You pay for your doctors service now make the man do what you need.02 works! The friggin doctors can't make a lot of money prescribing it to you like the trex and all the other crap,but it works for me and if it's CH you're trying to kick,it will more than likely work for you.Good luck!! thumbsupDavid
IP Logged

Hey,watch this!I saw it on a cartoon and I think it might work!
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 19th, 2004, 8:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Serendipity

Would it help to explain to the GP WHY the high flow rate at 100% works and why normal flow rate doesn't?

Wendy
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 19th, 2004, 11:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Is he a neuro? If not ask for a referal.
IP Logged
Connie
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20th, 2004, 12:13am »

I realized he had only prescribed a rate of 3 liters/min. with a nasal breather instead of a nonrebreather mask.  

I don't know what your financial situation is but if you have the tank the gage should go to at least 10 liters and you could purchase a nonrebreather mask for about $5 dollars.
IP Logged

Connie
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 20th, 2004, 8:49am »

Find your local welding supply dealer.  Same gass,   just a whole lot less expensive.---------Doctors suck.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
godsjoy777
New Board Veteran
USA 

HIS name is above clusters

godsjoy777  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 20th, 2004, 4:36pm »

My doc didn't know how to write the RX either, but the Oxygen place I get the prescription at has enough patients that they just gave me what I needed......They know most docs that aren't Neuros don't know much....and that's cool....

Be assertive....get what you need....

Blessings,
Karen
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss