Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 8:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Axert??? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Axert???
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Axert???  (Read 1151 times)
Scheme31
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Axert???
« on: Nov 23rd, 2004, 4:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey guys...  

New here.... been reading for about a week...

Anyway, Went to the Doc this morning and he diagnosed me with, You guessed it, Cluster Headaches..but he prescribed me Axert... Has anyone taken this?

Would appreciate any help..

Thanks
IP Logged
Bethany1
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Always do whatever's next.

Re: Axert???
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23rd, 2004, 4:46pm »

Hi Scheme,  

Welcome! I have tried Axert, it didn't work to well for me. However, everyone is different. As an abortive I think you will see that most people on here use imitrex injections ( like myself). But, like I said, everyone is different. Sorry you are here, but glad you found a place. There is a lot of wonderful information here, and great people, just read up!  

Beth  Smiley
IP Logged

I am sofa king we todd did.

crack is wack
Scheme31
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23rd, 2004, 4:49pm »

Thanks Beth...

They gave me a shot of something at the office... I failed to ask of what... May have been Imitrex? He said he was going to give me a shot of whatever it was and a different oral prescription to see what worked better... I had the headache right before i went to the doc at 11am.. he gave me the shot around noon and I feel no better, maybe a little worse....

Wish I would have asked what the shot was....

IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23rd, 2004, 5:04pm »

I had it given to me as a sample by one of my neuros.  It was useless in my case.  I looked it up and as I recall it was found not to be effective in treatment of CHs.

I wonder if he was trying to rule out classic migraine HAs.

You should find out what the shot was.  You should also read up here to see if you think you actually do suffer from CHs.  Don't count on your doc.  Some are good but most, well... aren't.

Oh, CHs are REALLY A KILLER.  The pain isn't easily mistakable. Good luck.
IP Logged
Scheme31
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 23rd, 2004, 5:17pm »

I was on here all last week... All the symptoms point to CH... Right eye pain, Watery Eye, Congestion on right side, same time everyday.....

It's been since last Monday... How long do your bouts usually last?
IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 23rd, 2004, 6:36pm »

By bouts I assume you mean individual CHs.  In my case they normally last around an hour or a little longer if left untreated - always completely wiped out afterwards.  Ever since I got dialed in to trex I have never left them to run their course.

The active cluster cycles usually last 4-6weeks.  This time I started a pred treatment about 3-1/2 weeks in.  Only had 1 CH since I started.  I hope this is a new way for me to short circuit future cycles...
IP Logged
Scheme31
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 23rd, 2004, 6:45pm »

Wow... I have been having mine for a week and they are always around 4 hours.. Mind you, I havent had any treatment for them...
IP Logged
marlin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Nov 23rd, 2004, 7:11pm »

Well, the hour is not the entire event.  There's a lead-in and some ramp-down at the end.  The hour+ is the CH PAIN.  Even though my CHs only lasted around an hour they always seemed a lot longer.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #8 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 11:57pm »

Hi scheme and welcome. Four hours seems too long for a typical CH. But, we're not all typical...and maybe from first twinge to over...I guess it could go that long. Look on this site for medication info and bring it to your doc. If it is CH there are lots of ways to treat them...hope you get some relief!
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Scheme31
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 28th, 2004, 8:04pm »

I finally got some Imitrex 100mg tablets... Expensive little suckers... They help... I still have the headache feeling but nowhere near the pain i was experiencing before. I am still going to see the nuerologist this week and have everything checked out....

thanks for all your help and concern guys!!
It's really appreciated!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss