Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 6:12pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « numbing »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   numbing
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: numbing  (Read 957 times)
dantheman
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

numbing
« on: Nov 29th, 2004, 8:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Alert! I have had clusters for 34 years. last week on about my 10th night when the beast woke me up at 3AM my face hurt from the top of my head to my neck, especially the eyball of course. My teeth and gums throbbed. As I flopped on the floor I remembered I had some Anbesol.  I swabbed the heck out of my teeth and gums on the right side. As it became numb the beast tried to send reinforcements to that area. They were all numbed and he had no hold on me. I fell back to sleep within a half hour. I have counter attacked him like this for 4 days and have been successful except when he woke me up but he left sooner than later I think because I fought back this way.  That sharp killer pain is straight nerve pain and I think this is a way to diffuse it.  I know it sounds too simple but someone please give me real feedback.  I know its not a cure but maybe a way to fight the beast!
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: numbing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29th, 2004, 8:52pm »

I'm glad that the pain has been easing up with this.  Smiley I wonder, though, could it be that you have some kind of tooth issue that's triggering the CH? I recently had a very bad sinus infection that triggered some really bad hits. Once the infection was cleared up my hits returned to normal (I'm chronic). I hope you continue having some relief.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
dantheman
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 29th, 2004, 9:00pm »

Could be but I got good teeth  Grin lol  but... the idea of attacking the pain topically to evade the beast!  When one goes to the dentist to have work done and the novacain is injected sometimees the numbness goes all the way to your eyes.  The nerves are all connected and shutting down the pain receptors is my thought... maybe someone will take the idea and run with it!  hopefully!!!
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 29th, 2004, 9:30pm »

Drops of 4% lidocaine in the nostril of the effected side helps many as well, however I've been scribed it and it doesn't help me at all.  Will come in handy for the kids when they get scrapes or cuts though.  If it is easing up the pain for you..more power to you..and maybe the lidocaine in the nose would be an option for you.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
dantheman
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 6th, 2004, 6:19pm »

He has kicked my a** only 3 times(7 or 8 on kip scale)(the rest only about 3 or 4). The numbing of my gums has been the best defense I have ever had. (34 years worth and probably 20 clusters over the years and I feel like I fought him off pretty damn good).  My scalp has quit hurting and am feeling like he has left the neighborhood(started Nov. 15th and prayin that he is really gone).  The numbing of the gums caused plenty of pain in my teeth but kept my eyeball intact. I swear it difused the pain and is certainly better than mind altering drugs if at all possible.  I hope he is gone and I PRAY for everyone of you clusterheads, especially the chronic folks.  God bless you and this site!
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Dec 6th, 2004, 7:31pm »

Just saying hi.

I don't know why or how the gum number helped, but hey, if it works for you, go for it.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss