Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 12:22am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « TV Add »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   TV Add
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TV Add  (Read 680 times)
toolong
New Board Veteran
USA 

Looking for an answer

WWW Email

TV Add
« on: Nov 30th, 2004, 4:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone seen the TV adds about a preventive medicine for migraines?My wife and I have contacted the company via internet and telephone,answered their questions, but have never heard back from them.They don't mention the name of the product they are pushing,but my wife said that during the phone contact Pfizer was mentioned.  HuhDavid
IP Logged

Hey,watch this!I saw it on a cartoon and I think it might work!
Sylvan
New Board Veteran
USA 

Re: TV Add
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 11:06pm »

Haven't seen the TV ad - but here's a link to information about Pfizer's *migraine* cure:

http://www.relpax.com/aboutrelpax_c01.html

It's a triptan and cannot be used w/in 24 hours of imitrex and other meds.  

Hope this is helpful

Sylvan
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 1st, 2004, 11:42am »

David,
that sounds weird & bit suspicious to me. Why they don't mention the product's name? If it truly works, you'd think they want everyone to know that.

sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 1st, 2004, 1:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 1st, 2004, 11:42am, sandie99 wrote:

that sounds weird & bit suspicious to me. Why they don't mention the product's name? If it truly works, you'd think they want everyone to know that.

sandie99

Sandie, you are being rational, but the ad is from the United States.  According to current FDA policies, if the ad mentions what the product does, it must also list the side effects.  "Phlemzym clears your throat. Side effects may  include severe headache, permanent liver damage and impotence."  So now many ads for pharmaceuticals (maybe 1/4) are totally wacked and say nothing about the product! People floating through the clouds and picking flowers?? That is what one allergy medicine commercial features (they do mention the name at the end).    

I'm guessing that the 'ad' isn't officially an ad - it is part of an 'educational campaign' being placed on TV for the benefit of migraine patients.
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #4 on: Dec 2nd, 2004, 5:55am »

Yep. There's all kinds of pharaceutical commercials here on tv that never tell you what it is that they do.
They just have pretty pictures and nice soothing voices and subliminal music and they always end with "Ask your doctor if "funkydrug" is right for you.

I as an American have wondered about that many times as well.... Fuckin stupid if you ask me.
IP Logged

Chris
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss