Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 12:10am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « zomig »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   zomig
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: zomig  (Read 5261 times)
marieinthesprings
New Board Newbie
USA 

2 the world U R 1 person,2 1person U R the world

zomig
« on: Dec 8th, 2004, 8:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I don't see many people on here that use zomig.  Has anyone tried it and it not work?  The pills did nothing for me but the spray is nice, only problem is I can't get it from the military base but they told me they have imitrex, my Neuro said he wants me to use zomig cuz it is working for me, I dont understand why he wont let me try the imitrex??????Guess he likes the idea of me forking out $200 a week for the zomig as opposed to nothing for the imitrex....hmmmmmm...cheers....Marie
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: zomig
« Reply #1 on: Dec 8th, 2004, 8:53pm »

Zomig  ZMT worked great for me in the beginning of this cycle (the first abortive I ever tried) then stopped and still got hit for hrs. even while taking it at first sign.

I switched to the shots and those have been great.

We're all different.

Some say Zomig is less likely to extend your cycle because you take less for it stays in your system longer.

I'm not sure a little fuzzy myself tonight so I apologize.

Anyway point is that we all seem to respond better or worse to all the diff. meds.

Good luck!

E.
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 9:53am »

I used Zomig NS.  It worked well.  When I lost my insurance and had to go on my wife's insurance, her company would not cover Zomig NS, so I had to switch to Imitrex injections.  My neuro was confused as to why I would do this.  I guess they doesn't understand money issues 'cause they have so much of it.  Anyways, I insisted that he write me a script for the Imitrex and he did.  

Basically, your doc works for you.  Explain to him that you can not afford Zomig and would like to try Imitrex.  Ask him for a sample Stat Dose Kit.  If the trex works for you, then have him write a script for Imitrex.  If he refuses to give you what you need, fire him and get a new doc.

Please be aware that you must wait at least 24 hours after your last Zomig dose before trying the Imitrex.

Good luck,  

Gator
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 10:53am »

Zomig nasal spray didn't work for me at all. It did nothing to the pain. I just got lots side effects...
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

thomas

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 9:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

zomig 5 mg pills work just great for me.  Imitrex gave me loads of rebounds.  Everything works differently for everyone.
IP Logged
marieinthesprings
New Board Newbie
USA 

2 the world U R 1 person,2 1person U R the world

« Reply #5 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 4:54am »

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  Grin
Doc wrote me Rx for Imitrex NS 20 mg, WOW.....works way faster than the zomig...I can not believe how fast Cheesy  Dont know yet how long it will last but, wow I never got rid of the deamon so fast, that nasty taste in the back of my throat now I can do without that but hey for this kind of results I can handle it. He also wrote me Rx for prednisone, 10 day deal, I havnt starte those yet but I am going to go back to sleep now, YAHOOOOOOOOOOO, I love this stuff, PF wishes to everyone..........Marie
IP Logged
scottieo9
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Dec 10th, 2004, 4:50pm »

I got the Zomig NS off a recommendation from Jonny. I found it works as fast as Imitrex NS, but lasts a lot longer. Doesn't taste like shit, either. At least to me.

No more 2am or 4 am wake-up punch to the head. Thank god.

Unfortunately, took my last Zomig 2 days ago, so back on the trex. Hey, as long as it kicks the beast in the ass, I'll take it.
IP Logged
mdavis
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 3:16pm »

I'm currently taking Zomig and let me tell ya...it's fabulous. I am a little worried that it won't last. None of my meds ever have.  
For all of the imitrex users... i took the pill form (once) and had a TERRIBLE reaction to it. But I hear great things about the other forms. I'm curious if anyone has ever had a bad reaction to it in one form but tried it another and it worked. (just in case the Zomig stops working it's magic.)
Thanks and PFD to all,
Melissa
IP Logged
Bandette74
New Board Veteran
USA 

i can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 5:32pm »

on Dec 9th, 2004, 9:53am, Gator wrote:
I used Zomig NS.  It worked well.  When I lost my insurance and had to go on my wife's insurance, her company would not cover Zomig NS, so I had to switch to Imitrex injections.  My neuro was confused as to why I would do this.  I guess they doesn't understand money issues 'cause they have so much of it.  Anyways, I insisted that he write me a script for the Imitrex and he did.  

Basically, your doc works for you.  Explain to him that you can not afford Zomig and would like to try Imitrex.  Ask him for a sample Stat Dose Kit.  If the trex works for you, then have him write a script for Imitrex.  If he refuses to give you what you need, fire him and get a new doc.

Please be aware that you must wait at least 24 hours after your last Zomig dose before trying the Imitrex.

Good luck,  

Gator

gator, you give great info. i like your style  Wink
IP Logged

Teaudire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure
Origin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 10:45am »

Zomig has a good effect for me, but Frova wound up working much better.  I take it before the daily cycle starts, and it seems to prevent it very effectively - probably due to the long half-life.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss