Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 8:06pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Verap/Pred Questions »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Verap/Pred Questions
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Verap/Pred Questions  (Read 477 times)
bobbio56
New Board Newbie
USA 

Joke 'em if they can't take a ....

Email

Verap/Pred Questions
« on: Dec 12th, 2004, 2:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey all,
Thanks for your advice in advance. The nutshell....8 yrs Clusters, now chronic. 6-8 HA/day. All the std treatments and then some over the years. Frequency is killin me though, intensity varies. These bastards are breaking through 100 mg Pred., I'm tapering . 60 mg Pred always gave me a short break in the past. I finally convinced my neuro to up the Verap. to as high as 480mg. Been at 360 for 3 days, no help. I'm very thankful that I can easily obtain Trex inj., within reason.  

Reading here I get the impression that Verap takes a while to kick in.  I'm going to 480 tonight to see what happens. These are extended release. I have 300 Lithium from last  
time. Is it worth getting back on the Verap/Lith combo, or should the 480 Verap show results soon?  Lastly, any guerilla attack ideas for an especially wicked bout that's messing with my psyche and job. Again thanks, you folks are the BEST, truly!
IP Logged
don

Email

Re: Verap/Pred Questions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12th, 2004, 5:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Verap normally takes 10 - 14 days to become effective.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss