Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:48pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « do flu shots cause headaches? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   do flu shots cause headaches?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: do flu shots cause headaches?  (Read 9428 times)
PaulL
New Board Newbie
USA 

do flu shots cause headaches?
« on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've been on 25 mg of Topamax and 9 mg of melatonin with very good results, no CH for 5 days, just some shadows.  I then got a flu shot two days ago and got hit with two kip 7 headaches that night.  Last night I just had a kip 5 close to dawn, not a my usual time.  Anyone else have a similar experience with flu shots during a cluster?

As an interesting side note, I usually get CH attacks every other year but this is the first in six years.  But for the last six years I was getting a flu shot in the fall, before CH season.  I'd never gotten flu shots before.  There was the vaccine shortage this year so I couldn't get one early this year.  Could there be something in the vaccine that kills clusters if taken preventatively?
IP Logged
becky8

Email

Re: do flu shots cause headaches?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Speaking form someone who's chronic I don't know, but I did get the FLU right after I got the flu shot one year! go figure????
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 1:15pm »

The most common side effects of a flu shot include localized swelling and slight fever - the immune system gets cranked up fighting a (non-invasive, killed) virus.  Activating the immune system could make clusters worse for some people - but better IMHO to get minor immune activation from a shot than major activation from the flu.  

Becky,  it takes a few weeks for the body to develop maximum resistance after receiving the vaccine.  Even then, it is not 100% effective because the flu virus is constantly mutating and may not match the vaccine. The vaccine itself can't give you the flu - maybe the nurse sneezed on you?
IP Logged
becky8

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 2:28pm »

floridian, you're so smart, glad you're here! Wink
IP Logged
BangYourHead
New Board Newbie
USA 

This Site needs a higher google rating

« Reply #4 on: Dec 24th, 2004, 9:57am »

Histimine is  a CH enemy.. sometimes !! Anything like a flue shoot that boost that level can contribure.. To many bug bites, Posion Ivy ect.

« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2004, 9:58am by BangYourHead » IP Logged
Bethany1
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Always do whatever's next.

« Reply #5 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 7:47pm »

Nothing worse than injecting yourself with a dead virus in hopes that you will not get sick.  hurl  

IP Logged

I am sofa king we todd did.

crack is wack
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 12:07am »

no, not normally.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss