Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 12:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « frovatriptan »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   frovatriptan
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: frovatriptan  (Read 2411 times)
amastrolia
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

frovatriptan
« on: Dec 26th, 2004, 7:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone tried frovatriptan? I was told that relief from frovatriptan can last a lot longer than imitrex.

I was using Imitrex injections but am getting too many headaches in a 24 hour period and don't have enough of the medication.  Get about 3 headaches a day and 2 to 3 at night.

IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

Re: frovatriptan
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26th, 2004, 8:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Frova didn't help me at all.

Unsolved
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 10:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

a better recommendation if you are getting that many headaches is 02 as you can use that as many times as you like.

Frova really doesn't seem to be shaping up with any consistency at all for Ch sufferers.

W the B
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 4:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I take Frova.

It has worked great for me.   For me, a normal CH without meds, lasts about an hour and half.  With the Frova, 18 to 20 minutes, and the pain is all gone.

I have also used it like a preventative.  If I take it before bed, I have no CH.  However, this can get expensive, so....I try and take it only when the CH hits. I have hits during the night, never during the day.  
I am not certain that the 02 would help me.  By the time the CH wakens me, it's too late.  I have no warning signal when it hits.  By the time I wake up, it's already at a Kip 7 or higher.  I'll take 18 to 20 minutes of pain anyday, instead of the usual 90 minutes or so.

I have had no side effects with the Frova.  I have heard that some CH'ers get rebound headaches from the Imitrex.  There's several other options than Imitrex.

Also, for the night hits....have you tried Melatonin?  This works good for alot of folks.

Good luck....

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss