Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 11:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Shroom tea help please »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Shroom tea help please
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shroom tea help please  (Read 780 times)
dan182skater
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

dan182skater
Email

Shroom tea help please
« on: Jan 8th, 2005, 2:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello, I haven't posted here in a while but really need some advice now. I am getting CHs every single day several times a day. I bought some shrooms and was about to take it when I was told that it is not good to take it with Prozac, so I didn't take it. I have now ran out of imitrex injections and do not know what to do...the only thing I have now is oxygen, which doesn't always work. I heard something a while back about shroom tea. Can I drink some of this while I am on my meds? I am weaining off my meds but it will still take a while. I am currently on:

AM
20 mg Prozac
50 mg Lamictal
PM
100 mg Lamictal
30 mg Abilify

Please someone respond to this ASAP. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

-Daniel
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Shroom tea help please
« Reply #1 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 7:55am »

I may not be the right person to reply regarding "alternative treatment" but I will tell you this....

Having more than dabbled with hallucinogens in my youth for recreation, I will tell you this.....

No way I would do it while taking an antidepressent, antipsychotic or any mood stabilizer.

You don't want to mess with that, not because it might effect your "treatment" but how it might then effect your brain.

Just my opinion.

Good luck
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
maureen
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 7:43pm »

I don't  know if this will help, but in my younger yrs I dabbled a few times with shroom tea the last time I did in the middle of my so called good time on shrooms I got a ch. Nothing sucked more than that it's bad enough dealing with a attack but it was way worse then I was peroniod from the shrooms and scared to take meds for the ch(didn't know if they would react to one another)needless to say that was the last I tried that. Hope this helps
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 7:56pm »

I don't know a thing about shroms except that in order for them to work you have to detox from all other drugs first. I know there will be someone who can help you more along soon but I sense that you need to know sooner rather than later!
Try having a look at www.clusterbusters.org  
hope it helps
Helen
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2005, 8:07pm by LeLimey » IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 8:01pm »

I urge you to check out clusterbusters.org.  DO NOT try this on your own without a little bit of knowledge.  Mixing shrooms and other psychoactive drugs could hurt you!

There is much general info on the clusterbusters site that might help.  You could also try email or PM to pinkfloyd.

Good Luck!

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 8:09pm »

I've just looked at this guys profile and he is only 17. Now I don't know what the legal complications may be from this but I think our advice ought to reflect his age.
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 9th, 2005, 1:43am »

on Jan 8th, 2005, 2:58am, dan182skater wrote:
AM
20 mg Prozac
50 mg Lamictal
PM
100 mg Lamictal
30 mg Abilify

-Daniel

I'm not sure if you're on all these only for cluster treatments or additional conditions, but.....
I wouldn't detox off them without discussing this with your doctor. I also wouldn't try the shrooms while on these meds. Please don't make any changes in your medication regimen without consulting your doctor.

Call him (her?) and tell him you're out of imitrex and things are getting worse. He may suggest DHE or another abortive that will help get you through this tough time.

BobW
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
dan182skater
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

dan182skater
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 9th, 2005, 8:07pm »

Thank you everyone for your replies. The Lamictal is supposed to be for my headaches. I was also on other stuff which I was able to have my doctoir weine me off of, such as Topomax. The Prozac I was on 60 mg and now down to 20 (I have been weining off all my meds with my doctors consent) and will soon be off it. The Abilify is for my mild case of Tourettes. Thank you everyone for replying so quickliy, i will not take shrooms until I am off all my meds.

-Daniel
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss