Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 11:31pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Can you get rebounds from Melatonin »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Can you get rebounds from Melatonin
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Can you get rebounds from Melatonin  (Read 396 times)
maureen
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Can you get rebounds from Melatonin
« on: Jan 15th, 2005, 10:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was wondering I have read some where that some people have had rebounds from melatonin. Until a week ago I was taking T3 for attacks (dr woudn't give me anything else Angry then got o2 life saver well the last time I took a T3 I was up all night with rebounds.Three nights ago I started taking 6 mg of melatonin first night slept great no CH. Second night 1 attack so last night I took 9 mg of melotonin after 5 attacks and a empty o2 tank it's 6 in the morning on my one sleep in day I'm up but I am sure the attacks were rebounds. As I'm sure you all know the rebounds seem to have a different feel to them. I'm thinking maybe have to let my body empty out some more before I start taking Melatonin. Would love info from all of you seeings how you seem to know more than my &*%$ dr( would love to show him what to do with the T3)
IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

Re: Can you get rebounds from Melatonin
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15th, 2005, 10:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Never heard of anyone getting rebounds from Melatonin

IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15th, 2005, 2:35pm »

Have never seen any medical literature suggesting rebound.  

Since it isn't an abortive, take it regularly (daily) for its preventive effect. (Most trials I've seen reported were usig 9-10mg/day.)
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
PaulL
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15th, 2005, 4:40pm »

I don't know about rebounds but it does seem to have some preventative effects for me.  This cycle I'm only taking 9mg melatonin and O2.  After about a couple of weeks on the melatonin the CHs had noticeably quieted down.  I still wasn't sleeping through the night but it was easy to kill them off with the O2.  Then, like a dummy, I decided to see if the CHs were disappearing and started to taper off, 6 mg one night, 3 mg the next.  Wham, I got hit with a K9 and had to take Imitrex for the first time in a month.  I'm back at 9 mg and feeling much better.

What's T3?
IP Logged
JoeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 15th, 2005, 10:40pm »

Quote:
What's T3?

Tylenol 3   (Tylenol w/ Codeine).   Not so effective for CH.
IP Logged

Your mileage may vary. See your doctor for details. Offer void in Tennessee. Past performance is not indicative of future results. No warranty is expressed or implied. Do not taunt happy fun ball.
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 16th, 2005, 2:25am »

Very few here have had good luck with narcotic pain meds.   Most cause rebound ha's.

I have taken Melatonin for 9 months.   I have at times increased the dosage, and I have been able to successfully decrease the dosage.   However, I have been careful to kinda stay at a set dosage for at least a week before adjusting.   Sometimes, the CH breaks thru, but for the most part, it is a great med.

The last month or so, the Melatonin seemed to stop working....I started entering the REM phase and was dreaming.   By the time I could get awake, I was at a Kip 8.   Nevertheless, overall the Melatonin gave me lots of PF nights.   I have since started a Prednisone taper, and have discontinued the Melatonin.   When I complete the taper, if I feel I need the Melatonin, then I will take it again.    

Floridian has posted some great info in regards to Melatonin, Magnesium, and Vitamin D supplements.   If you haven't read his posts, please do.  I swear...he's so knowledgable about CH.  

Good luck, and lots of PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss