Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 2:53am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Melatonin-not good for me! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Melatonin-not good for me!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Melatonin-not good for me!  (Read 328 times)
painkiller
New Board Newbie
USA 

just another day in paradise!!!

Melatonin-not good for me!
« on: Jan 20th, 2005, 12:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've read that many people that have the nocturnal attacks like i do found some relieve using this. Well i tried it before i went to sleep last night and the result was horrific. pain of the kip scale and one of the longest lasting ones in my 15 year history...and with bad road conditions from snow was unable to got to the ER. Please be careful if you've never tried this,it might work for you but it may cause the same effect that i had.
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

Re: Melatonin-not good for me!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 1:24am »

I'm not a fan of melatonin. It never did squat for me. Better all the OTC REM inhibitors.

Not meaning to sound like a prick, but this may have been an aberration. Maybe you can wait a day or two, and try again. Sort of "Take One for the Team".......in the name of research. Clinical reproduction is the Bee's Knees, good or bad.

I'd never do it, mind you.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
floridian

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 9:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 20th, 2005, 1:24am, Mr. Happy wrote:

... Maybe you can wait a day or two, and try again. Sort of "Take One for the Team".......in the name of research. Clinical reproduction is the Bee's Knees, good or bad.

I'd never do it, mind you.
RJ

Hah!  Mr. Happy is Mr. Funny.  

Yeah, it doesn't work for everyone - no perfect remedies.
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: Jan 22nd, 2005, 4:14am »

LMAO  Hap, you kill me!  laugh

Like everything else with this mixed up crazy disease/disorder/condition/whatthefuckever, Melatonin doesn't work for everyone.  Some say it takes 3 to 5 nights to get the full effect.  I worked my way up from 1mg - 3mg - 6mg - 9mg and finally 12mg.  Tried each dose for 3 nights on the 4th night went to the next higher dose.  Not only did it not stop the attacks, I started having additional attacks.  You win some, you lose some.  The important thing is to keep trying.  

Good luck!

Gator
IP Logged
TonyG1

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 31st, 2005, 8:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm new to the board; however, have suffered with CH for 18 years now.  Just went to the Doc today and was diagnosed --- I've tried a number of things during that time -- Melatonin being one of them -- If anything it made my attacks worse ...

After  today, going to verapamil and Imitrex.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss