Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 12:57pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sequence of events....... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sequence of events.......
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sequence of events.......  (Read 326 times)
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

Sequence of events.......
« on: Jan 20th, 2005, 11:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

When your CH first starts, and you have confirmed it's more then a ghost, what are your first steps?
Do you go right for the O2 and suck that for 10 minutes to see if its gonna help?
Do you go right for the Trex and shoot up?
Do you do the both the Trex and the O2 immediately?
What is the most popular method yous guys do immediately when you need to start doing something?
Thanks and PF wishes
BMonee
IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Sequence of events.......
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 12:06am »

If trex were an option for me, I would still try O2 first. After 10 minutes, I'd know.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 8:40am »

For any abortive: the sooner you take it the more likely it will be effective. Once an attack is well developed, even the best meds become much less effective.

Whether you use both oxygen and Imitrex depends on your wallet! But I'd be inclined to use only one item at a time--the one which your personal experience says works best for you.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 8:54am »

I use the O2 first, if it doesn't maintain or lower the level of pain after about 10 mins, I use the zomig and continue to breathe O2 until the zomig takes effect.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 9:26am »

During my last full blast o2 was not doing the trick for me... it would hold one off but would rarely abort.

I also had a few that spanked the shit out of me... 0 to 1000000mph in a very short time.  You know the word... agony.  

So those two issues combined have me reaching for the Trex as soon as I know it is the real thing.  I have the needle through the skin so fast it would make your head swim.  

Next full episode I will retry the o2 thingy.
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 9:53am »

I use cafergot instead of trex.

At the first sign of a hit, I drop a tab of cafergot and start huffing the O2.  The O2 knocks the attack down in about 10 minutes (never getting above a 3 or so) and the cafergot keeps it from coming back.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss