Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 5:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Side effects »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Side effects
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Side effects  (Read 366 times)
headoftheclass05
New Board Newbie
USA 

Side effects
« on: Jan 24th, 2005, 4:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i have been curious what side effect that you guys may suffer if any and what medicines cause them( miligrams, how many times a day and etc etc).
I am currently taking Imitrex I think 10mg in combonation with Zomig 5mg (i don't take these meds at the same time. tring to find what works)when i have an all out fight with the devil and his friends
and then for the smaller battles i take in combo darvacet, 2 ibporfen 800 , phenagan  and caffene(coffee, pop etc ) all together 2-4 times daily)

i know im taking too much medicine but i can't go through my day fighting the smaller battles when i don't take anything i end up getting a really bed one so i try to take as little as i can.  
the side effects are  
*joint and muscle pain  
*heartburn and stomachburn(best way to describe it)
*vomitting(phenagan is for neausa)
*night sweats hot/cold flashs
when i take the imitrex and zomig  
*all the above
*skin tingling
*extreme muscle tightness
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2005, 4:06pm by headoftheclass05 » IP Logged

new to the class but heading for the top
"" When you are falling apart, open you heart and reach out. Somebody will definitely catch your hand and pull you together again."
© 2004 Ida tharber
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Side effects
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 4:06pm »

Check your PMs, HOTC...on the top right of the screen.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 4:24pm »

on Jan 24th, 2005, 4:04pm, headoftheclass05 wrote:
I am currently taking Imitrex I think 10mg in combonation with Zomig 5mg (i don't take these meds at the same time. tring to find what works)

and then for the smaller battles i take in combo darvacet, 2 ibporfen 800 , phenagan  and caffene(coffee, pop etc ) all together 2-4 times daily)

i know im taking too much medicine but i can't go through my day fighting the smaller battles when i don't take anything i end up getting a really bed one so i try to take as little as i can.  
the side effects are  
*joint and muscle pain  
*heartburn and stomachburn(best way to describe it)
*vomitting(phenagan is for neausa)
*night sweats hot/cold flashs
when i take the imitrex and zomig  
*all the above
*skin tingling
*extreme muscle tightness

BAD IDEA!!!  THIS COULD BE LETHAL TO YOU, COMBINING THE TRIPTAN MEDS!  WE'VE GOT A LADY HERE WHO NEARLY LOST HER LIFE BY DOING THIS.  EVEN IF YOUR DOC TOLD YOU IT'S OK, PLEASE DON'T EVER COMBINE TRIPTANS!! YOU NEED TO WAIT AT LEAST 24 HOURS (I BELIEVE, PLEASE SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF THIS IS WRONG!!) BEFORE TAKING A DIFFERENT KIND OF TRIPTAN.  BOTH IMITREX AND ZOMIG ARE TRIPTANS.

I'M SORRY TO BE SHOUTING AT YOU, BUT THE LAST 4 LINES OF THIS JUST SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!  Those could all be signs of impending cardiac event.  Please stop doing this NOW!!

Have you tried oxygen?  Please look into it.  Or ice??

I'm sorry - perhaps it is more politically correct to give someone shit via PM than to do it here in public, but this is life threatening.  Please pay attention.
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2005, 4:25pm by Margi » IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
headoftheclass05
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 4:59pm »

I had know idea that you could get a rebound headache form the meds i take as littl e as possible but that may be a problem.  
if anyone needs info on rebound headaches here is the website that nani gave to me and it had some really great info on it.
  www.montana.edu/wwebmd/Archives/DrugReboundHA.HTM

[center][/center]Thank you to both Nani and Margi,

Margi,  
i do have some side effects that concern me but the doc hasn't said anything but i will difenitely question him - he is a Gp so who knows if he has read anything specificly about the interaction fo the two drugs.  
and no i don't take offense to you post it is actually welcome it may explain why im tried all the tiime and some of my chest pain. Hopefully thats not it and trust me you scared the holy suga out me you and nani both. but it better to know than to be dead or have a second serious illness.
IP Logged

"" When you are falling apart, open you heart and reach out. Somebody will definitely catch your hand and pull you together again."
© 2004 Ida tharber
headoftheclass05
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 5:01pm »

o2 when i was at the hospital last made me feel like my lungs where going to burst and as weird as that may sound it didn't help me  

i am a bundle of problems aren't i ? Cry
IP Logged

© 2004 Ida tharber
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 8:58pm »

Follow the advice you've been given.

You might also try this link.  Read it, print it out, and take it to your doc.  Most GP's are willing to listen and learn.

http://www.future-drugs.com/admin/articlefile/ERN020304.PDF

Just take care not to mix those triptans!

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 9:45pm »

on Jan 24th, 2005, 5:01pm, headoftheclass05 wrote:
o2 when i was at the hospital last made me feel like my lungs where going to burst and as weird as that may sound it didn't help me  

i am a bundle of problems aren't i ? Cry

From what I have heard, most hospitals don't administer O2 right to clusterheads and the doctors/nurses don't think the patient knows what s/he is talking about when you try to tell them.

For O2 to be effective, it needs to be delivered properly.  Most of us use 10 - 15 lpm through a non-rebreathing mask (one with the bag on it) for 10 - 20 minutes.  It is about 75% effective for most people.

I am certainly glad you got the message about mixing triptans and about using pain killers on ch.  A lot of people cause themselves undue extra pain or worse trying to self medicate.  Here is a list of meds you definitely do not want to take together in the same 24 hour period:

Maxalt (rizatriptan), Zomig (zolmitriptan), Imitrex (sumitriptan), Amerge (naratriptan), Relpax (eletriptan), Axert (almotriptan), Frova (frovatriptan) and meds containing ergotamine.  

I know you've heard this before, but read everything to the left and on the OUCH website.  Lots of good info.

Be safe and PF2U,

Gator
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss