Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 5:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Schroom Questions »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Schroom Questions
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Schroom Questions  (Read 1129 times)
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

Schroom Questions
« on: Jan 27th, 2005, 9:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm in cycle now, started about 3 weeks ago.

I was told before that I have to be med free for at least 5 days prior to dosing.

How does one do that and is it absolutly a must.

I only take Amerge 2.5mg (Tripton) twice a day, no injections.

The Amerge will completely kill my CH.........But with no insurance I can't afford to get anymore $9 each.

I guess my question is, do I really have to be off all meds for 5 days before I dose or is it just a good suggestion.

Or I guess if anyone out there has some Amerge laying around I could sure use a care package.

I took my last Amerge at 6 last night, Did a dance at 3 this morning then took a trex 50mg tab, so far so good, I thought about dosing tonight.

PFDAN

NORM
IP Logged
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

Re: Schroom Questions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 9:55am »

on Jan 27th, 2005, 9:44am, River_Rat wrote:
I guess my question is, do I really have to be off all meds for 5 days before I dose or is it just a good suggestion.

As I understand it, it is just a good suggestion. However, triptans are thought to be one of the worst offenders for messing up this treatment. Have you thought about the sip method?

Good luck
Jesse
IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 9:59am »

It would only be an issue if you started taking the psilocybin and were sitting around wondering why it wasn't effective.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 10:02am »

Hey Vig.........WHATS UP!!!!!!

So it's not dangerous?? it just might not work??

Jesse, What's the sip method??

NORM
IP Logged
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 10:07am »

on Jan 27th, 2005, 10:02am, River_Rat wrote:

Jesse, What's the sip method??

Instead of using triptans to abort your headaches, you use small, subthreshold doses of shrooms (a "sip" of tea perhaps).

Jesse
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2005, 12:20pm by JJA » IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 10:10am »

So, Jesse, I often thought about that, but never heard it before.

So you mean just do like a half gram everymorning in a cup of tea or something???????????

Norm
IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 10:15am »

or a 'sputnik' (small piece under the tongue) . . .
triptans for sure interfere.  staying on triptans and dosing would be a waste of the dose. .being off for 5 days is the standard . . .if you can only make it 4, don't give up and trex out . . .just try to dose a day early . . .
does o2 work for you? cheap and a life saver when attempting to detox (if it works for you)
have you read www.clusterbusters.com ?  it's very informative!
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 10:24am »

02 does not work for me, I'm on my 5th tank and I'm trying not to give up on it but.............

I was just hoping to get the answers I want Grin

I dosed last sunday.........had a Amerge the Friday before that so it was like just two days and it was kinda wierd, after dosing at like 6:30 Sunday night it wore off about 9:30 and I went to bed.

I woke at 12,2,4,6,8 doing the dance, but the wierd thing was They only hit like a kip 4-5 and only lasted like 10-15min

NORM
IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 10:54am »

suckage that you got hit . . .cool that they were different .. .it most likely means you have the beast all messed up *g*   .. .keep a h/a diary, so you know if your h/as are getting more severe or ramping up ... .then you can determine if you need to dose again . . .
good luck!
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 11:40am »

Ok, well there's at least 2 ways to do sip method.  1 is to take a small daily dose (or twice daily dose) just like you would with any other preventative.  The other way is to dose every time you get a headache, so you use it like immitrex.  In either case, 0.5 grams (dry) is probably more than enough.  I was thinking more like 0.2 grams. (The tea is not neccessary) I would use as much as possible without feeling too abnormal.  As the days pass, you'll be able to use higher and higher doses without feeling anything.  

Jesse
IP Logged

Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 8:59pm »

As Miapet said,

If you haven't already, you really need to visit clusterbusters.com.

Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #11 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 6:15am »

If you use shrooms as an abortive, like any other abortive, you want it to go to work as quickly as possible.  

If you use the sipsof tea you want to sip and hold the tea in your mouth as long as possible (it might not taste very good) so you get quick absorbtion into the bloodstream. Same wiith the sputnik - put a small piece under the tongue and suck like crazy. It won't taste good either. But it's better than a poke in the eye with a redhot rotating ralroad spike.

But fair warning - when this works it seems to work like magic. The problem is, it doesn't always work. From the reports on using shrooms as abortives, it seems to be inconsistent. Keep the O2 handy.

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 4:35pm »

UPDATE

Everytime I get hit I take .05gram under the tounge, suck on it and chew it for about 5 min.

So far so good, yesterday I got hit at 10am (did it) lasted about 30 min level 7-8

Had a couple of shadows throughout the day, took 12mg Melitonin  watched ER went to bed at 10pm.......woke up at 11pm with a kip 5-6 (did it) it lasted about 15 min, went back to bed.

got hit at 5:30am, kip 4-5 (did it) lasted about 10 min went back to bed.

It's now about 3:30pm had a couple very light shadows but feel fine.............................I think If nothing else this will help me detox from the triptons.

Feeling very optimistic.

PFDAN

NORM
IP Logged
scott22
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #13 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 7:13pm »

Is imitrex injections really that bad. They work on me 100% of the time. In general what is the big problem with triptans?  High flow O2 works on me within about 15mis. if I can sit still that long.

I have access to fresh supplies of very good shrooms but i'm scared to eat them thinking that I might lose my mind if I had a bad cluster while tripping. And I can't see how they could be as effective as injections?

Nothing I ever have done has ever seem to shorten a cycle, or lessen the ever increasing attacks until I peak and start coming out of the cycle again for the next 2-3 years. The only thing I feel I can do is abort them when they hit.

IP Logged
Shelley

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 12:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

But Scott, what if you could prevent the cycles from coming just by ingesting a few shrooms once a quarter or so?  Would that interest you?

Triptans are thought to cause rebound HAs and perhaps lengthen the cycle in some.  Why don't you visit www.clusterbusters.com and do a little light reading.
IP Logged
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #15 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 7:33am »

Scott,
Its a different approach.
Triptans will abort the hit but shrooms can end a cycle.
Besides the fact that the abortive meds are outrageously expensive they are suspected of being responsible for more hits and longer cycles.
IP Logged
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 8:05am »

on Jan 28th, 2005, 7:13pm, scott22 wrote:

I have access to fresh supplies of very good shrooms but i'm scared to eat them thinking that I might lose my mind if I had a bad cluster while tripping. And I can't see how they could be as effective as injections?

OK, Don't worry about that. You don't need to take enough to be tripping. You won't lose it unless you screw up on your dosage. (you really have to study this method in detail before trying it. www.clusterbusters.com) There may be a little anxiety, but it passes with experience.  

I don't think shrooms are nearly as effective as injections for aborting headaches. If you're episodic with short cycles, maybe it would be easier to get through this cycle with immitrex and think about shrooms to prevent your next one. It's not something you should rush in to unless you're really desparate.

Jesse
IP Logged

River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 9:37am »

Everyone is different, with me..........when I take the injections I'll get 4-5 daily and 3-4 at night. If I decide to pass on an injection It will for sure reach a level 8-9-10 and last at least 45min.

I've been episodic for 25 years and this is the first time I've tried this method, and since my last post I've only had 2 ch each only about 10-15 min with a kip level under 6, I can live with that. NO MEDS

I hope to keep up this method until I completely detox from the Triptons which should be Tuesday night. then I plan to take a larger dose 2.5grams and knock the fu*ker completely out. I'll update you.

Again, I'm feeling very optimistic, I honestly think I'll break this cycle With-in the next week.

NORM

IP Logged
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #18 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 10:08am »

Sounds good  

thanks, Norm.

Jesse
IP Logged

Chuffy
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #19 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 11:25am »

Hey River-Rat, have you tried O2 as well?

This Cluster I  have been completely meds free apart from Shrooms and O2.
I did two 1.5g doses a week apart at the start (which kicked the beast right in the nuts) and then the sip method  to deal with any HAs which have never been more than a Kip 4 and not lasted longer than about 15 minutes. I have also used the under the tongue method and O2. All HAs have been after alcohol as I have been able to carry on life pretty much as normal this time thanks to the Shrooms and the O2.

I would do another 1.5g dose if I felt it nescecary but I like to enjoy it (where are those Beatles albums? Wink) and haven't really had the time and the sips have been adequate, I am now nearing the end of what is the easiest Cluster I have ever had.

Good luck buddy.
IP Logged

www.site full of PF idiots.com
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #20 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 12:26pm »

Chuffy, I think we really have something here, This cycle is bareable to me too.

02 doesn't really work for me I really gave it a honest effort 7 tanks so far and once in a great while I think it might have helped a litte, and believe me I've tried hard and I know I'm doing it right.

still no CH so far 11:30am

PFDAN

NORM
IP Logged
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #21 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 10:38pm »

14 and a half hours so far, nothing since 7am
IP Logged
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #22 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 10:48pm »

Norm,

That's GREAT!!  Grin

You may find the o2 works now that you have dosed.  

o2 didn't work for several prior to dosing and started working afterwards, me included.

I'm happy for you for kickin' some beast butt,
Renee
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #23 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 11:52pm »

on Jan 29th, 2005, 10:38pm, River_Rat wrote:
14 and a half hours so far, nothing since 7am

Fuckeneh  thumbsup thumbsup
keep us posted.

Jim
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #24 on: Jan 30th, 2005, 12:20pm »

Well. all was good.....................Went from 7am Thurs. to 11:30 last night, god hit pretty good kip 7-8 maybe 30 min. took a half gram

Then went to bed, woke up at 1am with a 9-10 (ouch) for about 45min took another half gram.

Went back to bed, woke up at 5am with a 5-6, I was afraid it might hit 9-10 again so I said fu*k it and took a trex injection 2.5

I went back to bed and slept until 10:30 this AM woke up with a 3-4 I did another half gram had some coffee and I'm felling ok now.

I feel really bad taking the shot, it's like I just gave up, like I pussed out.

There may have been some contributing factors though....Last night we had to go to an awards banquette, I didn't drink but I had some wierd foods. Stuff I'm not used to eating..............Also before I went to bed I took two muscle relaxers, don't really no why I just want to get a really good nights sleep.....Maybe those thing screwed things up. I dunno.

Anyway, back on the horse things were going so good I just hope that shot didn't screw things up.

PFDAN

NORM

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss