Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 7:37pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « GODDAMN Doctor!!!!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   GODDAMN Doctor!!!!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: GODDAMN Doctor!!!!!!!  (Read 551 times)
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

GODDAMN Doctor!!!!!!!
« on: Jan 27th, 2005, 9:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I called my Doc today to ask him to increase my O2 flow rate to 12 to 15lpm and have the DME people deliver larger tanks and a non-rebreather mask.  My doc called me back and said that to have a non-rebreather mask is unfeasible at only 2 to 4 lpm flow.
WELL NO SHIT EINSTEIN, THATS WHY I TOLD YOU TO INCREASE MY FLOW TO 12 TO 15 LPM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now the bastard is on vacation for 2 weeks and I am screwed.
DAMNIT
PF wishes
BMonee

Edited to say:  oh, and BTW he said that if my CHs persist, he may prescribe Verapimil in the future.........only thing is that he prescribed it for me 2 WEEKS AGO AND I CURRENTLY TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2005, 9:23pm by BMoneeTheMoneeMan » IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: GODDAMN Doctor!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 9:47pm »

How is your relationship with the O2 guy?
The reason I ask is.......
My original perscription was for something like 5 to 7 despite me asking for higher and the Distributor gave me a higher one when I told him....no questions asked.

He's my bud now!!

As far as the mask goes.....there are tricks that cna work if you can't get one.....breathe right from the hose (no comments wise guys out there ).....if not a non-rebreather..tape up all the holes in the mask and regulate the flow manually between breaths.....a couple of others.

Hang in there bro and if ya find another doc....let me know I need one too! Though mine is atleast really nice Undecided.....calls me to see how I am but then still hestitates to bump me up or take me off.....ANSWER ME DOC!!! whew......thanks nearly hijacked  laugh

Give a holla I'll try to remember some other tricks.

E.
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 10:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

BMonee,
Don't know your situation but this person would NOT be my DR anymore. Isn't there another DR covering while on vacation? I would certainly think this DR would not like this treatment happening to him/her. E-Double has an excellent recommendation to help you on the O2 issue - that will work.  

I'm very fortunate that my wife's a nurse that is able to get me an appointment with almost any local DR in a short period of time. But the way you said he handled your problem seems very unprofessional at least.  

I hope you're able to find another DR with a higher level of professionalism, compassion and care for his/her patients.  

Hope you're feelin better.
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 3:25am »

hug

I hope things will work out for the best for you... Smiley

Doctors can be real idiots! I've met lots of those.

PFdays,
Sandie
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 11:44am »

Just like E-dub said, most O2 companies are familiar with ch patients and you can talk them into "helping a brother out" if you are nice about it.  Good luck, man.

And no more death threats, ok?  Wink
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 9:28pm »

DAMN, my hospital is having mass confusion about my new demands for the mask and higher lpm output.  They are in the medical business and know all of the Oxygen terminology, but can't seem to piece it together that I want the regulator, the non-rebreather AND for any doc to say that it's ok to take 12 to 15 lpm.

What the hell is sooooooo hard to understand that I want to take O2 at 12 to 15 LPM with a non-rebreather bag?   WHAT IS SO CONFUSING ABOUT THAT??
THEY ARE MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS!!!!
(or at least that's what the commercials say)
PF wishes to all
BMonee
IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss