Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 4:10pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « altering sleep patterns »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   altering sleep patterns
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: altering sleep patterns  (Read 271 times)
Why_me
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Let's tame the beast together

Email

altering sleep patterns
« on: Jan 31st, 2005, 8:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know it sounds extreme but I have been doing so and it seems to be helping. I am episodic, so far, and it seems to be working, the morning killer doesn't seem to be taking as big a hold, here is what I have tried:

I usually get a small one at about 1:30 A.M. that last 15min - 1/2 hour pain level 4, then get back to sleep til 5:30A.M. and wake with a killer pain level 8 or 9, for 4 -5 hours.

So during a cycle I go to bed at 12:30 A.M. and get up at about 4 A.M. and it seems to be o.k. Knowing that I will only lose sleep for about a month and a half is better than dealing with the serious pain, it does bring on a few more headaches in the evening that last approx 1/2 hour, pain level 3-5 but the fact is I am not missing as much work and the headaches are milder when I can catch them while I am awake. Keep in mind I have only been trying this for about a week, and will keep you updated. And I have been doing this without meds.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2005, 8:14am by Why_me » IP Logged

Good luck everyone.
Don't forget to turn out the lights.
floridian

Email

Re: altering sleep patterns
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31st, 2005, 8:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If it works for you, great.

My clusters are usually preceded by less sleep - burning the midnight oil for school, long summer days, too many stimulants, etc.  Usually the beast makes his season premier while I am asleep, but a few years ago I pulled an all nighter, and they zapped me the next afternoon while I was awake.  

I usually get slightly manic before a cycle - I can go to bed late, I wake up early feeling fully refreshed, at first I thought it was great.  Now I recognize it as an omen that my circadian cycles are messed up, and I use melatonin to wrangle my sleep back into a normal rhythm.  That seems to help me the most; your mileage may vary.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2005, 8:27am by floridian » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss