Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:16am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I need help w O2 and imitrex inj --please »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   I need help w O2 and imitrex inj --please
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I need help w O2 and imitrex inj --please  (Read 244 times)
debz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
USA 

doctortansy   doctortansy

I need help w O2 and imitrex inj --please
« on: Feb 1st, 2005, 9:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All,  

My miracle drug has stopped working (zomig nasal)  Cry  Had a couple of very bad HAs, 1.5 hrs long, even my collarbone hurt on the last one... At least they are 24 hrs apart right now, small blessings.  

I have tons of questions, but for now I have a couple of urgent questions (before tonight's hit) for ya regarding O2 and imitrex injections:  

I have a few imitrex statdose cartridges, but I am hesitant to use the full dose for the 1st time, given the meds I am taking. I don't want to freak out at midnight home alone and call 911! And, these seem hard to use.... I can't tolerate the least bit of light, so reading instructions is impossible during the attack. So, the question is, how do I get the statdose into syringes (1 ml 27G1/2)? --I want to have one ready to go for when it's time.  

I did get some O2, but I have an 8L/m regulator with a mask --not a non-rebreather. And believe me, it was hard to get a mask at all without the proper prescription. I think they took some pity on me when I asked them if I could rig a particulate filter mask into an O2 mask, and it was 5 pm and they couldn't call the doc. I know the rate may not be high enough, but it's what I have to work with for now. Can you point me to the post that tells me how to modify a mask to reduce the level of room air that I breathe?

I think you all have answered these questions before, but I don't remember where, so my apologies for having to repeat yourself.  
 Roll Eyes

Thanks for all your kind words, and I will update soon on my clinic visit with the big guys at my local clinic.

Best,

Debbie
IP Logged

Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased; thus do we refute the law of entropy. -- Spider Robinson
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: I need help w O2 and imitrex inj --please
« Reply #1 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 9:23pm »

#1 you really should wait 24 hrs between using different triptans!!!! For some the mix could be fatal@!

#2 I honestly have only used a full statdose 1x and that was my first try.....for me way too much meds.....I have since split the doses based on the trex tip to the left.

I peel off my labels so I can see the liquid gold....I use a eye glass screw driver to push the plunger down.
Always have it ready and handy

#3 As far as the O2 goes you can tape up the sides of the mask so that nothing escapes and then regulate "flow" on and off to conserve...or you can say "F" the mask for the time being and go directly form the hose. That will work in the interim.

Not a doc though Wink

Best,
Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
debz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
USA 

doctortansy   doctortansy

Re: I need help w O2 and imitrex inj --please
« Reply #2 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 10:41pm »

Quote:
#1 you really should wait 24 hrs between using different triptans!!!! For some the mix could be fatal@!

Yep, it will be close, 21 hours so far. Thanks Eric, it is really tough to keep track of all this stuff -feel like crap, but gotta track down and fight insurance stuff, try to get some sleep, oh where do I get the O2, how do I keep my employer in the loop without being marked for failure, oh yeah, and actually do some work while I'm at it. Well, you know...  

Quote:
I peel off my labels so I can see the liquid gold....I use a eye glass screw driver to push the plunger down.

Hmm, good idea, I did read the thing at the left, but both methods seem too hard for me to do in the midst of the pain. I am sure I can get that stuff into my syringes, let you all know how it goes. I will order the vials if I decide to keep using the imitrex inj.

Quote:
or you can say "F" the mask for the time being and go directly form the hose.

I can do that.  Cool

Quote:
Not a doc though

Understand. 'preciate the advice.  

Debbie
IP Logged

Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased; thus do we refute the law of entropy. -- Spider Robinson
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss