Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Rebound symptoms / meds withdrawal? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Rebound symptoms / meds withdrawal?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rebound symptoms / meds withdrawal?  (Read 353 times)
Asil
New Board Newbie
USA 

Rebound symptoms / meds withdrawal?
« on: Mar 29th, 2005, 12:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,
Can you please share your expertise with me?  

My husband has gone thru a series of meds to break his cycle. The latest treatment was Frovan and Prednisone. Frovan treatment ended about 2 weeks ago. He is tapering off of Prednisone and will be finished with it in 1 day.  

He has been full of drugs nonstop since late January. Really watches what he eats and has had no alcohol/caffeine. He thought the cycle was ending and was doing well last week.  

This morning he had a general tightness all over his head and the main fireball of pain shifted to behind his OTHER eye, which I know is not typical of clusters. He said it didn't feel cluster-like but was miserable. Nauseated/fatigued all day. Later in the day, his doc prescribed Amerge and he took one. He didn't notice any effect and is still miserable at 11pm now.

The research I've done doesn't really lead me to any conclusions other than... is this a rebound headache due to medication withdrawal? He also said O2 only worked minimally today.

Sorry for such wordiness. Any ideas?  

Thank you! You are great, great people.  
Lisa
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

Re: Rebound symptoms / meds withdrawal?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29th, 2005, 9:53am »

You don't have much to lose by trying the Kudzu...
Look for the related threads for info.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

Re: Rebound symptoms / meds withdrawal?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30th, 2005, 3:04am »

Dear Lisa.  I have had a kip10 on the left side of my face with complete eye closure, swelling weeping eye and runny nose (all on effected side), only to wake up the next morning with it attacking the opposite side of my face in the same manner. This actually helped my doc make a better diagnosis on my clusters as he said that he had never seen that in just a migraine. He then took all the printouts of information from the clusterheadaches site so he could study up on it and the various treatments that were working for people including the types of treatments found in cluster busters. He said that he had some other patients that were possibly having the same problems. I am using Kudzu right now but I will be starting testing with Hawaiian Baby Wine Woodrose seeds which contain LSA starting early next week. Feel free to pm me if you are interested in the results. I will also be posting them. Best wishes. Joe
IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss