Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 10:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « measuring trex in syringe »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   measuring trex in syringe
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: measuring trex in syringe  (Read 520 times)
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

measuring trex in syringe
« on: Jul 3rd, 2005, 1:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey, i use insulin needles for my trex, but i forgot the conversion from mg to units.  My syringe is in CCs i think, it is a small syrenge and goes up to about 60CC.  On my prescription for the trex, it says: Inject 6mg (.5ml) subcutaneously.
I told my doc i would like to take about 2 to 3 mg per dose and he said that was about 15 to 25 CCs in the syringe.
What is the CC to MG or ML  equasion?
Thanks and PF wishes
BMonee
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2005, 6:13pm by BMoneeTheMoneeMan » IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

don

Email

Re: measuring trex in syrenge
« Reply #1 on: Jul 3rd, 2005, 5:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Fill the syringe with the entire 6 mg. Inject what you need (1/2 or 1/3) and push the remainder into a clean syringe.
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

Re: measuring trex in syringe
« Reply #2 on: Jul 3rd, 2005, 8:42pm »

I'm with Don on this one.  The fact is a cc is the same as a ml.  Going with what you're saying your doc said ... wow.

Pull it all up into the syringe, use half, then (using alcohol and sterile technique shoot the rest back into the multidose vial.

As a trial (when you're not under attack) you might just pull the whole amount up into your syringe to test where 6mg hits.  Then, without pulling the needle out of the vial shoot it back in.  When under attack, pull up only what you need.

Good luck!

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 3rd, 2005, 9:40pm »

Well, I think that the information on my script is incorrect.  It says all 6mg is HALF of 1 ML.  I didnt think that was correct.
Thanks all
BMonee

IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

duerrs
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 1:22am »

i have a nifty little program that converts units of measure, cc's and ml's are equal, i'm using convert on a palm pilot, if you want, i'll give it to you so you can do the calculation for yourself
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss