Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 5:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Am I doing this wrong?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Am I doing this wrong??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Am I doing this wrong??  (Read 309 times)
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

Am I doing this wrong??
« on: Aug 29th, 2005, 12:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello everyone.  Sorry I havent posted in a long time.  Ive been extremly busy with work and school and havent had time to write any posts.  I try and stop by once a week and read everyones posts but I cant even do that sometimes.  I have recently started another cycle.  I decided that this cycle I would use HBWR seeds instead of doctor prescribed medication (never really worked anyway).  The first day I got hit I dosed with 8 seeds.  I didnt feel any "trippy" effect or anything.  I saw where nani was having this same problem.  I didn't get any CH for 4 days.  Just some minor shadows.  Then I got hit again and I decided to dose again.  Went three days pain free then got hit.  Dosed again.  Ive been dosing about every 3 days when I get a major hit.  Yesterday I felt fine but it had been 4 days since I dosed, I got scared, and I went ahead and dosed again.  Today I got hit with a pretty bad one.  Could it be because Im dosing to soon and getting a rebound headache?  Or could it be just one of those times where the bastard breaks through?  Is there such a thing as having to much LSA in your system for it to help?  Any help would be appreciated.  I really thought this treatment might work but it doesnt really seem to be helping me.  It makes me sad because I dont think Ill find anything to help me.  It seems like all I have to look forword to is bills, death of loved ones, and lots of pain.  I know Im focussing on the negative but it sure is hard to think possitive in the grip of this bastard.  Thanks for letting me vent.

Allen
IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
brainfreeze
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

Re: Am I doing this wrong??
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29th, 2005, 2:05pm »

Undecided  Sorry, Allen.  I haven't any experience using the med's you talk about.  But I do know how disgusted you can feel when try-me's fail.  Sorry about your pain and wishing that you find your answer soon.  Take care
PFDANS to you.
IP Logged

Susan
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29th, 2005, 4:00pm »

Hi Allen -  

It’s very common to get hit a few days after dosing, or a day later or even right after. I’ll go so far as to say you can expect it. Usually the hits are shorter or and/or a lower Kp than “normal,” but on occasion they can be real ballbusters. The usual advice is to try to ride out this hit and wait to see if things calm down again. Then if you get more attacks, dose again.  

With psilocybin, the clusterbusters recommend a minimum two doses, a week (at least five days) apart.  Some folks find that dosing sometimes seems to stir things up a bit. Instead of dosing when you get hit, consider waiting a while to see if things settle down on their own. Oxygen is recommended for handling the between-dose hits.  

LSA as in HBWR seeds is still very new as a cluster treatment, and it’s too soon to tell how it might differ from psilocybin. But initial reports seem to show it can be effective at doses where the psychedelic effects are minimal. I’m sure Nani would tell you this is hardly a “problem,” except it makes it harder to tell if you took a suffcient dose.

A few questions: You seem to be getting hit every three days... how does this compare with your usual cycle? How does the Kip level compare?   How many times have you dosed altogether? You’re not taking any other cluster meds, but how about non-cluster meds?  

Hang in there, things might improve...

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29th, 2005, 4:37pm »

Quote:
Am I doing this wrong??
Nope, that's my domain!
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Aug 29th, 2005, 7:13pm »

I prefer not having any "trippy" effects, Allen. It was one of the reasons it took me so long to try this treatment. Had I known I'm some kind of mutant, LOL, I'd have tried it last year.
I agree with Tommy. Maybe you want to wait a full 5 days between doses. It may take a few days to actually see a difference. Have you tried Red Bull to abort? It works pretty well for me most of the time, and I don't have to worry about taking something that will interfere with the treatment.  
Try to keep your chin up, honey. There's always hope.  
hugs and pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 30th, 2005, 1:44pm »

Thanks for all the help and support.  I was feeling very negative yesterday but today Ive had no hits and Im feeling good.

Quote:
A few questions: You seem to be getting hit every three days... how does this compare with your usual cycle? How does the Kip level compare?   How many times have you dosed altogether? You’re not taking any other cluster meds, but how about non-cluster meds?

Im just a little over 2 weeks into my cycle.  My cycles usually are about 2 months long.  During the beginning of my cycles there is usually a ramping up effect.  Some days I get hit and some days I dont.  About a month into my cycles I get hit ATLEAST once a day.  Its just to early to tell if the headaches are further apart or not.  The kip levels seem to within normal levels of pain for me.  Nothing worse, nothing better.  I have noticed alot more shadowing though.  Im used to getting hit hard in the morning and then being realitivley clear headed.  Now Im getting shadows almost 24/7.  There is no pain involved just a feeling of tightness.  Im not complaining though, its better than getting slammed every morning.  I have dosed a total of 4 times but from what you all are saying thats to much.  Im going to cut down and wait atleast 5 days inbetween doses.  Im not taking any medications except for allergy shots and an occational benedryl.  I have had bad allergies since I was a little kid.  In the past the allergy shots have seemed to help my CH, atleast a little bit.  I dont use anything to abort.  I just ride it out.

Maybe Im going about this the wrong way.  I was expecting some "magical" experience where I would dose a couple of times and the cycle would just go away.  It didnt work with prescribed medication and I shouldnt expect it from this.  If the pattern continues (every 3 days getting hit)  it would still be better than any other type of medication I have ever tried.  I should look at the possitive and resign myself to the fact that I will never fully get rid of all the pain.

Thanks again for all your help and support.  You all are the best Smiley.  PFDAN's to all.

Best Wishes,
Allen

IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #6 on: Aug 30th, 2005, 2:53pm »

Quote:
I was expecting some "magical" experience where I would dose a couple of times and the cycle would just go away.

I know what you mean, Allen. I am normally an optimistic person who dabbles in delusion and denial. I'm trying to find that balance where I'm being realistic but very positive and hopeful. Still hoping for that magic bullet...so far, this is the closest I've come.  Wink

continued pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #7 on: Aug 30th, 2005, 4:18pm »

Hi Allen -

It can be easy to get too excited and give the impression indole hallucinogens work like magic. And for some, they have worked almost like magic, but for most it takes some work...staying off the imitrex and the prednisone can be rough when the errant beast visits. But many find O2 works even better with the alternative treatment. For shadows, some folks have had good luck with strong ginger tea or ginger ale (I like Reed’s Ginger Brew, get that and bulk ginger at organic/health food stores).  And not everyone gets completely pain free. Some it doesn’t seem to help at all. But most get some kind of significant relief.

I can’t say four doses is too much. You might find you don’t need to dose again, you might have to dose every week...maybe just one more time - everyone’s different. Cycle before last, I had only enough shrooms for one treament sequence, and it sure helped, but didn’t knock out all the shadows and occasional KIP 5’s. I thought I needed more, but I was stuck. But each weekI had fewer and fewerr of those shadows and small hits, and in about a month I could claim 99 percent pain free.  Patience can be the key, even if it’s forced patience.  I sometimes think people can take fewer doses than they do, but I don‘t blame them for wanting to hit the beast again. I always do.

PFDAN

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss