Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 7:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kudzu Part Deux (Updated) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Kudzu Part Deux (Updated)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudzu Part Deux (Updated)  (Read 1119 times)
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Kudzu Part Deux
« Reply #25 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I can't say I miss the gas, LOL.  
I wonder if the Amerge and kudzu don't counteract each other because of the length of time between the doses?  
I'm happy to hear that kudzu may still work for me at some point in the future.  
I sent the last little bit of my O2 back about 2 weeks after starting kudzu (in hindsight...that was brave), so I couldn't tell you whether it made a difference with the efficacy of the O2. It only works about 75% of the time for me normally.  
I'm glad to hear you're getting a break, honey. Keep us posted, OK?
hugs, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Major
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #26 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 12:40pm »

Hi there,

I thought I'd post about my husbands experience with kudzu, as it stopped working for him too.  He started using it in Feb, and had excellent results.  He tried tapering off a few times, probably once every six weeks or so since May as the ha's were non-existent while he took the zu, but as soon as he stopped, they came back.  In August, when he tried to restart kudzu, it just didn't work. He took it for two weeks, and it didn't make a dent.  

As for 02 counteracting kudzu, in the early days (ie., back in Feb when he first started taking it), he used 02 and it worked great for aborting.  But after about a week or so, he didn't need to use it at all because the ha's were not happening. We held on to the tank for another while just for insurance, but then like Nani, we too got brave and sent it back.  

On the triptan front, he only used imitrex ns a couple of times during that early period in conjunction with kudzu.  The trex did its job even with the kudzu.

It has been more than six weeks since he last took kudzu - maybe he should start it again too.
IP Logged
ozzy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

As I Am

WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Oct 4th, 2005, 8:40am »

Last night I got hit once and once this morning, about 12 hours apart. O2 didn't work, but since I want to see how effective Kudzu is about keeping the hits at bay, I am not using the very effective (and longer half life) Amerge. I have only used Imitrex NS.

So far so good. The hits are greatly reduced. I mean from 4-5 a day to 2. I'm happy. The weather is not helping, there is a front parked in the area, That I hope will leave soon...

I'm still hopeful and optimistic. Kudzu will work again.

Ozzy
IP Logged
ozzy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

As I Am

WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Oct 18th, 2005, 8:24am »

I'm almost back to normal and there is hope for those for whom Kudzu failed. After a month or so break, it seems it is working again.

I get hit now and then, but nothing like a month ago. I just have to make sure I keep up with the schedule.

I even had a couple of beers on Saturday. I didn't get immediately hit, but it is starting to work and I'm happy.

Ozzy
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2005, 8:26am by ozzy » IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Kudzu Part Deux (Updated)
« Reply #29 on: Oct 18th, 2005, 1:12pm »

AWESOME!!!!!!

Beer is good Wink
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
javi_spain
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #30 on: Oct 22nd, 2005, 7:11am »

Ozzy,

Good luck!

Javi
IP Logged
ozzy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

As I Am

WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 8:09am »

Yes beer is good indeed! You know like I said I'm not 100% yet. Alcohol will still make the Kudzu not work so good, work less better, anyway, I get strong extended shodows, until I get fed up and take a trex NS and I'm done with.  

Still take kudzu three times a day the rest of the time, if I forget, I get hit, hard. If I'm not stupid. Then I don't.

Such is life.

Ozzy
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #32 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 8:41am »

We know you aren't stupid Ozzy, but we are all "forgetful" at times.  Nature of the Beast in every shape and form.

Glad to hear the improvement is back.  

Pegg
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss