Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 3:14pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « oxygen+imigran+pain »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   oxygen+imigran+pain
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: oxygen+imigran+pain  (Read 258 times)
kelliev
New Board Newbie
New_Zealand 

oxygen+imigran+pain
« on: Sep 23rd, 2005, 4:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

finally got some oxygen and started last night, had 3 attacks which the oxygen eased but i was waking every hour or so and it just kept coming back, in the end i had a shot of imigran and got really bad pain in my tummy..i do suffer from endometrosis so isnt uncommon to have pain like that but it seemed to be bought on by the injection ???  is that possible...also when i use the injection the first 10 mins before headache eases it actually intensifies...a bit scary..i dont remember this happening in the past
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

Re: oxygen+imigran+pain
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23rd, 2005, 7:14pm »

Hi Kellie,

I'm sorry the oxygen didn't quite work the way you wanted.  Keep trying it, though.  Imigran (Imitrex here) constricts the blood vessels, so it's not surprising that it might increase your abdominal pain a little.  Also, I found (and have read in many articles) that a cluster headache tends to peak in throbbing or stabbing pain just before it starts to go away.

I wouldn't be concerned unless you have chest pain or trouble breathing that doesn't seem to get better right away.

When I take Trex injects, I also have some abdominal discomfort, a heaviness in my chest and legs, and a feeling like my hair is on fire.  When in the throes of a CHA, that feeling means relief will be mine in less than 5 minutes.

Hang in there,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
hm54
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 2nd, 2005, 1:26pm »

When I used O2, it only made CH's tolerable. Ie: could have a K8 for 45 minutes, no oxygen or a K6 with O2 for four or five hours.  

The beast intensifying  is probably just the nature of the beast, not the injection causing the intensification

Every aspect of what you do has an affect. For instance , a shot in the arm works slightly faster than a shot in the leg. And the chest heaviness/hair on fire is a little more intense in the arm. Maybe try different injection sites. (Also see imitrex tip for reduced dosage)

Using the auto-injector always caused discomforts for me. It was all in my head (some people can't take aspirin but can take anything else)
IP Logged
Cooked Brain
New Board Old Timer
Netherlands 

a.k.a. Max Payne, YOUCH this hurts...

« Reply #3 on: Oct 2nd, 2005, 5:04pm »

It took me a couple of weeks before I figured out how I had to use the oxygen. If it doesn't stop the attack, take a 5 minute break and then try again. My oxygen supplier advises not to inhale for more than 10 minutes, but is's very rare to make it in that time. Usually it takes 15-20 mins at 8-9 lpm (european scale). Doesn't work 100% of the time though, last nights headache insisted for 50 painful minutes.

Do you have a bag under the mask and are you using it?
IP Logged

"We can NOT solve our problems with the same kind of thinking that got us IN to the problem in the first place" Albert Einstein
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 2nd, 2005, 8:36pm »

on Oct 2nd, 2005, 5:04pm, Cooked Brain wrote:
Do you have a bag under the mask and are you using it?

You  _really_ need to check out Clustermasx

"Shilling" for dollars,
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss