Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 4:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitrex Prices »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitrex Prices
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitrex Prices  (Read 246 times)
FrankF
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Imitrex Prices
« on: Sep 26th, 2005, 8:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have a prescription for 10 Imitrex 6mg/0.5ml vials per month, and I pay 10%. But I have found the price varies considerably. It seems like the pharmacy doesn't know the difference between vials and Statdoses, they don't know vials come 5 to a box, and Statdoses come 2 to a box. They don't know what a prescription for 10 vials is.  Huh

Recently I bought:
10 vials.... and I paid $56 ($5.60 per dose)
10 vials.... and I paid $56 ($5.60 per dose)
10 vials.... and I paid $0 (Oops... they forgot to charge the co-pay).

Then I was told Glaxo doesn't make vials anymore, so I can only get Statdose refills. OK with me except they are harder to split. After three days getting the doctor to change the prescription I got:
10 Stadose refill packs... and I paid $121 ($12.10 per dose)

Pissed off, I called Glaxo and asked whats up? They told me the pharmacy is full of BS... Glaxo still make vials. That pissed me off even more so I went to another pharmacy. I asked them to confirm vials are still available and they said yes. So I asked them to refill my prescription for 10 vials.

Today I picked up my prescription and received:
10 Stadose refill packs... and I paid $114 ($5.70 per dose).

At first I was pissed and thought to complain they didn't fill the prescription right. But then, at least I received 20 doses for one month, even though my insurance thinks they limited me to 10.

I figure 20 doses per month is better than 10, especially since I don't have to fight the insurance for it (they don't seem to know what they are paying for anyway). Now to re-read the "Imitrex Tip" posts for best ways to split Statdoses.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss