Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 5:50am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Vision problems »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Vision problems
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Vision problems  (Read 305 times)
phydeaux
New Board Newbie
USA 

And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice.

268836339 268836339   nttechie   chaos+afu
Email

Vision problems
« on: Sep 27th, 2005, 3:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

First off, for some reason, I have the feeling I already posted this, but I cant find it. So if I did, and you're seeing this again, I apologize.

OK, on to the meat!

About 4 - 6 days ago, I noticed that my vision is SEVERLY worse (I do normally wear glasses). Worse to the point that my monitor, a foot or so in front of my face, and a 26" set at 1280x1024 is VERY blurry. From halfway across the room (say, about 8 - 10 feet) I cant read text on a 42" TV. This is new, and worse. Has anyone had this kind of issue?  

I list my current meds here, just in case it makes a difference:

1 2.5 mg Frova at bedtime (new, only started 3 days ago to try and stop the night attacks)
1 30 mg Actose at bedtime (Diabetes med)
2 500 mg Metformin every morning (Diabetes med)

1600 mcg Actiq as needed for HA Pain

I know that diabetes can cause all kinds of vision problems, but am unsure if anyoen had vision issues due to CH, or any other kind of HA for that matter.
IP Logged

Necrophelia means never having to say... well, anything!
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

Re: Vision problems
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27th, 2005, 4:57pm »

28 views and no replies.... must not be common.

I wear glasses too, and can remember a couple of times during my last cycle where I couldn't focus either. Never lasted more than a couple of hours though. Yours is lasting much much longer.

Go to your neuro and your ophtalmologist, and maybe your GP to get checked out.

PF wishes.
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27th, 2005, 5:24pm »

I agree with José.
please go and get it checked out by a doctor. It is lasting a very long time.  

I can also add that I have had vision problems with my CH and Migraines and  I can't say it was CH alone becuase of my other HA's. I get ice picks too. With my migraines, vision disturbances can be part of the prodrome with or without pain. I always wondered if my meds played a part as well.

Please take good care of yourself and let us know what the doc says.
Be well and PF!
-lionsound

IP Logged
phydeaux
New Board Newbie
USA 

And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice.

268836339 268836339   nttechie   chaos+afu
Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27th, 2005, 9:28pm »

Very well folks, thanks for your time and viewing. I'll let you know what the good doc says soonest. PFDAN for all!
IP Logged

Necrophelia means never having to say... well, anything!
ManhattanMatt
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Oct 16th, 2005, 6:29pm »

Have wanted to post something about non-headache CH sypmtoms for some time. I've had CH for 33 years and the incidence of non-headache problems has increased. A major problems has been changes in vision. Used to think that the problem was a function of meds or severe headaches but there are cycles where I have no major headaches, just other neurological symptoms.  Odd. Not sure anyone has reported on this variation of largely headache-free cluster periods with other CNS stuff. Currently, I'm having one of that variety  (although it may be that kudzu has prevented the headaches from coming on). Alnd kudzu has been astoundingly effective in largely correcting vision problems.  However, I am for the first time having a problem with  imagined flashing lights (which I think is  more customarilya migraine syptom) Other non-headache problems are numb feet, minor chest pains, odd moods, hot flashes, amd some confusion. None of this stuff is great but when it occurs without major headaches, can't complain. When it occurs with headaches, it is a very dificult time.

Bottom line: the visual problem wil go away when the cluster goes away. Perhbaps kudzu can help your vison.

Good luck

Let me know what hapens
Matt
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss